News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

nonfango panniers and rack

Started by newfj1200, April 26, 2015, 01:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newfj1200

hi all

I have a complete set of nonfango panniers with topbox that came with the universal rack and side frames have hunted the internet and even emailed nonfango but nothing do any other fjers have this system if so could anyone help with a photo or even a copy of fitting instructions

thank you in advance

Steve_in_Florida

NewFJ,
I'm not personally familiar with that brand of luggage system, but it shouldn't be too daunting a task for you with a little ingenuity.

Typically, the racks will mount in four to six places on the rear of the bike. Be wary of the weak tabs that the rear turn signals mount to. These are NOT intended to support a load, and WILL CRACK AND BREAK unless properly reinforced. (read WELDED) Perform a search in this forum for write-ups and pictures.

Post a few pictures of the parts you have, and we'll try to help.

Steve
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

finallygotone

JUST today saw a set of Nonfango racks... but they were for my friend's Ducati ST4. Nonfango I understand is a company much unlike Givi.... makers of racks and luggage. I too was just in the process of looking them up. Their website is tough to navigate! His racks on his Ducati are very well engineered, look good and I would but a set in a heartbeat...... NOW, if can only find them!

Arnie

This site was recommended on another bike list I'm on.

http://www.robsacc.nl

Lots of choices of bags, panniers, topboxes from Givi, NonFango, Krauser etc.
The site is in Dutch, so find a cloghopper to help you with the translation :-)
I don't know if he ships internationally.

newfj1200

lots of nonfango on ebay at present I used a copy of givi fitting instructions as a guide then made 2 brackets to attach via middle of pannier frame to stop boxes moving by bolting to grab rails at back all going to be resprayed  so will look better when done

newfj1200

hope this picture uploads to show system on bike

newfj1200

bike is now stripped ready for rebuild