News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Hi

Started by FU2KC, May 05, 2015, 06:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FU2KC

Hi, Jon here from Hereford England. I've had my 1TX since 1996. This summer I'm riding 5000 miles around the coast of the UK to raise funds for research into early diagnosis of Kidney Cancer. I have KC and it can't be fixed but hopefully this campaign will help others. www.facingup2kidneycancer.org . Support from the FJ world would be wonderful. Many thanks. Jon

fjfool

Hi Jon,
more power to ya!
i hope things go your way on that ride around the UK
i'm with you, FUCK CANCER!

movenon

Hi Jon. Welcome to the group. Yes cancer sucks big time.  Wish we would go from diagnosis to actually fixing something.  Is your bike ready to go?  5000 miles is a long ride.   :good2:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

FJmonkey

Welcome Jon, you picked a good bike for your 5K mile ride. Looking forward to reading more posts from you. Enjoy our digital campfire.  :mail1:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

FU2KC

Thanks guys. The bike is in good shape. Am changing wheels at the moment. Exup 1000 on the rear, 750 on the front. So far the powder coaters have destroyed a sprocket carrier and front wheel by zealous blasting of the bearing housings. I have explained the error of their ways !

Steve_in_Florida

Jon,
You have my support for your endeavor. Good luck to you!

This hits close to home, as one of my British car mechanic friends has been dealing with radiation therapy for lung and brain cancer. He's a really good guy, and probably doesn't have much time left on Planet Earth.

Nature has a way of equalizing things.

Cheers, Brother. Ride well!   :drinks:

Steve
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

The General

G`day Jon. Am right there on your right shoulder. Linked and enjoying your journey, from this island downunder.

You farmer`s are all the same....practical fighters with a great eye for good machinery!    :drinks:

`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka