News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Hello from Thailand.

Started by pattaya andy, January 18, 2010, 10:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pattaya andy

Just joined the board and thought I better introduce myself. I,m a Brit living in Hua Hin a coastal town around 2 hours out from Bangkok. Had my FJ for around 6 months. It's a 1200 86(1tx) and I love the big old bus  :good2: Previous bikes include a V11 guzzi sport, XS650 Yam, Gs1000 suzuki and a few old Nortons mainly commando's. also did a fair bit of sidecar racing when I was young and foolish. Anyway large bikes are pretty expensive here so thought I'd take a gamble on a old jap and after some research decided on the FJ(bulletproof engine etc). No problems so far and the way it runs I can't see there being many. Keep it shiny side up.
                                                                                       A.T.B.
                                                                                        Andy
It's not a bad old life.

waricle

Gooday Andy,
Good Choice mate!
How are the road rules in Bangkok?
I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired'?

"Well. I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch, and margaritas into urine."

pattaya andy

Hello Waricle. Road rules in BKK :dash1: there aren't any, best to keep out of the city........ any city in Thailand if you can. The upside is the roads out of town especially in the north are truly amazing.
It's not a bad old life.

FJSpringy

I used to have a manufacturing plant at Bang Plee on the southern side Bangkok for some years, traffic was always fun to negotiate  :flag_of_truce:
I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

92 FJ1200