News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Somebody MUST be smart enough to figure this out

Started by chiz, June 20, 2015, 09:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

Randy - RPM

chiz

HA the 1100 rebuild kit is definitely available at Randy and elsewhere but at a price that is the better part of a hundred bucks plus exchange plus plus. Yam Canada is less than half Canadian Loonies.
Chiz

the fan

Quote from: chiz on June 22, 2015, 07:44:42 AM
HA the 1100 rebuild kit is definitely available at Randy and elsewhere but at a price that is the better part of a hundred bucks plus exchange plus plus. Yam Canada is less than half Canadian Loonies.
Chiz

I would call Price: $25.96 the lesser part of 100 bucks... but that's just me. (31.78 Canadian Dollar as of this morning)

Flying Scotsman

without looking the 1100 kit was never that price the 1200 kit might have been but not the 1100 or I would have bought one a long time ago.
1984 FJ1100
1985 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200
1999 GP1200 (165 + hp)

chiz

Quote from: the fan on June 22, 2015, 08:17:51 AM
Quote from: chiz on June 22, 2015, 07:44:42 AM
Chiz

I would call Price: $25.96 the lesser part of 100 bucks... but that's just me. (31.78 Canadian Dollar as of this morning)

Your incorrect like I said over a hundred Canadian loonies for me You are quoting the 1200 kit

racerrad8

Crap, sorry for hyperlinking the wrong year kit. I have asked for that to be edited to avoid future confusion.
[Pat's note: all fixed]

Yes, the 1100 kit is very expensive compared to the later kits and is a normally stocking item at RPM.

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

twangin4u

Quote from: Flying Scotsman on June 22, 2015, 08:26:31 AM
without looking the 1100 kit was never that price the 1200 kit might have been but not the 1100 or I would have bought one a long time ago.

I just kitted my master cylinder two months ago. $80 for master kit, $20 for after market slave kit. 84 1100.

chiz

Just want to let everyone know that my clutch is now working as it should. This only happened after I replaced the original slave with a used EBAY item. Which in conclusion, because master or slave have no apparent leaks does not mean air is not being drawn into the system. So after countless disassembling and fitting new seals it turns out a used slave and used seals did the trick. I guess a key thing to keep in mind is if the clutch simply will not bleed properly Then a mechanical part of the hydraulics is not up to snuff.
Chiz