News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Mapleton Muster 2015

Started by X-Ray, August 17, 2015, 06:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotSo

Just want to give a big "thank you" to all that went on the Mapleton ride, and to all the help and hints that was given to me by everyone. I was welcomed into the group with no "if's or buts".
I totally enjoyed the weekend and will be looking forward to the next ride (when I am not travelling in the caravan) with all of you.  :good2:
It's great to throw the leg over. :drinks:

1991 FJ1200

Troyskie

Well, I only made it for the brekky (well coffee), and didn't even get to bring my Effie (but is was fun on the side of the URAL). BUT I did get to meet everyone. Brilliant bunch.
I was slack with photos, but here's what I managed...
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

Bones

I saw that old chariot doing a youey on the road thinking it was some lost tourists, didn't know it was you and your mate. At least you got to sample a little bit of the route Troy.

Should've got your mate to meet you somewhere along the route and jumped in the Generals sidecar, that would've been an eye opener because he can hustle that thing along like you wouldn't believe.
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

Too young to be old but old enough to know better.

Troyskie

Well mate, you were right about the tourist bit, I definitely was a tourist. My mate lives in Morina, so we were heading to his place via the back roads.
You guys have a beautiful bit of country and the roads were brilliant. I am very jealous.
It would have been very interesting to swap into Generals sidecar. The Ural gave me a couple of 'interesting' moments, particularly when the 'brakes' decided they'd had enough :wacko1:. I've not been in a sidecar before, much fun.
My mate did mention the difference between his kit and the Generals was chalk & cheese.
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

oz.fj

Another fantastic Mapleton Muster :good2:
As always it was great to catch up and good to meet so many new faces.
See you all next year  :hi:
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

Bones

I've thrown a video of the day together,  and although there's no footage from the front camera because of being deleted from the card before saving to the computer, it still shows some of the great roads and ever changing scenery along the route. Part 1 and Part 2.

https://youtu.be/W6N-z1e2e-I

https://youtu.be/hJLMXsoejwk

93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

ken65

Good one bones, I enjoyed that  but thanks for some how make me look like a fat f@cker. 

I think I will come out your way and tell chris that you were speeding like a mad man. lol

Bones

Yeah, I've heard cameras will do that to you Ken. As for speeding?? didnt get over 100 all day :yes:
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

The General

Really enjoyed watch`n. Thanks Tony. I overheard Darran talk`n to his apprentice about it today. (They`re working below my office as I type). You`re putting together quite a fun library. I think your presence is compulsory for all our rides, esp if we have a Christmas Party!   :drinks:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

Eveready1100

Thanks for putting up the video of the ride, Bones. I was gutted when I read that you'd lost the front camera's footage. I actually had a cam with me on the day, but didn't bother with it after seeing your excellent movies from prior events.
Thanks heaps for the invite to your weekend. I had a brilliant time riding on roads I'd largely forgotten about in great riding company. It was nice to see my XS's grandkids out having fun in the fresh air and sunshine keeping the cobwebs at bay.
It was nice meeting you all and hope to see you all again sometime down the road
Play safe
Errol

NotSo

What great videos you have Bones, thank you for posting them.  :good2: Sorry it took me so long to watch them, but I had to wait for my data to renew for the month.  :dash1:

Yes it was a great weekend with good rides and good people to enjoy it with, I wait for the next ride (if I am not away travelling) with everyone again.

Thank you all ... Shane  :drinks:
It's great to throw the leg over. :drinks:

1991 FJ1200