News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Old owner, new member!

Started by vlad2201, February 22, 2009, 11:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vlad2201

Hello all, Had my poor old FJ12 1TX for about 11 years now although had to lay her up when my son arrived 6 years ago, so now I have the uphill task of making her run again! Still turns over fine but only running on 1. I suspect that the carbs are all gummed up with the lovely green goo that only unleaded can leave behind. (Had to do it on my GSXR project bike when it first arrived)

She's 'fightered' in so much that the top fairing was gone by the time I got her, has twin bates lamps up front and the tattiest speedo in the world is the only instrument on board!

During last year I managed to get a std set of clocks, R1 callipers and a complete FZR front wheel/discs put away to address my worst niggles.

So the task begins!

the fan

sumthin tells me you ain't from around here... Where atre you located?

Marsh White

Welcome!  Is there a name you go by?  Or just vlad?  You will get the help you need here.  Yes, carbs need to be completely gone through and cleaned up.  There will be files in the Files Section soon to help you with this task.  Also, a member here David Raforth used to sell a carb kit with o-rings and nice allen head screws...I'm not sure if he still offers these anymore.  Please post a couple of pics of your bike in the Gallery...I'd like to see the headlights and speedo...I have a streetfighter FJ in my collection as well!

vlad2201

Oh sorry, I'm Clinton. I think I have some pics from when I first did the wheels purple somewhere (the rest is all black). I'll have to start digging out old hard drives.  :)

racerman_27410

welcome to the group Clinton......give her carbs a good cleaning and you should be good to go.

carbs sitting with fuel in them for 6 years is probably gonna be a mess.... get some "berrymans" carb cleaner..... its the one we have used with best results.

KOokaloo!

Frank

vlad2201

gradice

Hello Gov, how's ya motar then?????

G'day & welcome to the other side of reality!!!!! ;D
Graham in OZ...
92 FJ1200 ABS.

vlad2201

Very dusty, and trapped in the garage by an immobile car, but at least she's pretty much theft proof as things stand! :-*

Now the weather's getting better and the rain isn't quite so constant i'll be able to actually do something with the old girl, although I'll probably have to break or scrap 3 cars first! ::)