News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

BOONE 2016

Started by TRoy, February 23, 2016, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRoy

3 months from now we will all have gotten home from boone yesterday. except carey and henry they'll be going home tomorrow or wednesday  :crazy:

Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

mst3kguy

can't come soon enough.  is it too early to pack?
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

Bill_Rockoff

I think Andrew already made his arrangements with his summer job to have that Friday (maybe also that Thursday) off. 

I just put a replacement alternator on the FJ this morning, and it is charging its own battery for the first time in six months.  It burns oil like a 2-stroke, and riding it was weird as hell now that the 998 has become the new "normal," but I now have two running bikes. I will likely buy a trailer and bring them both.

I will see if Paul (Ducati Scrambler) can make it, and I have a college friend (one of the first guys I used to ride with) who recently moved from Paris to Pensacola, or Panama City, I forget, and has an old Moto Guzzi.

Tomorrow, it is supposed to be in the mid-60s in Georgia.  I will probably go ride for a couple hours.

I have a couple of entertaining months between now and Boone, so it probably isn't quite accurate to say "Oh man, I wish it was mid-May already."  But I am really looking forward to seeing you all, and riding with you guys.

Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

rktmanfj

Quote from: Bill_Rockoff on February 27, 2016, 03:14:42 PM
Tomorrow, it is supposed to be in the mid-60s in Georgia.  I will probably go ride for a couple hours.

I have a couple of entertaining months between now and Boone, so it probably isn't quite accurate to say "Oh man, I wish it was mid-May already."  But I am really looking forward to seeing you all, and riding with you guys.

Low 60s here tomorrow, as well.  If I get the FJ clutch back together this evening, I'll also get a few miles in.

Got my 'Historic' plates on yesterday.

There's a lot to do between now and then, but I've missed the last two ECSRs... can't wait.

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

racerman_27410

Yes,yes and yes.

See you all in a couple of months!

mst3kguy

if there's an award to a lister for most "referrals", i think it goes to you, bill (rockoff), hands down!  in fact, we could make you our own kevin bacon, as likely no rally attendee is more than 3 or 4 degrees of separation from you.  ( :
dean

Bill_Rockoff

Yeah, if this were a MLM, I'd be the one giving the presentation and talking about the circles!  Too bad most of my attendees ride Eurotrash twins.

Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

NYFJR13

Ok guys I just took Saturday off. So I will probably be riding up to Boone Friday night. Can't wait to see everyone.
Eric N

Smola67

I didn't get an email notification this year about my cabin so I guess I will start by seeing if anyone has an extra bunk available. So anyone have one? If not I may just bring my big tent like I did in the fall.

mst3kguy

okay sports fans, we are one week away from the boone rally.  it couldn't come soon enough, right?

i googled for some local campfire wood places and have been in communication with one guy who has a business in Todd (just up the road, relatively speaking).  i advised how much we have needed in the past, he didn't understand what i meant by two bundles delivered in a "commercial-grade delivery truck", so i sent him a couple pics.  i haven't heard back from him.  ( :  i sent him a final email letting him know if i didn't hear back, i'd assume he can't help us, and thus i'll give eddie morris, the slab wood king of north carolina, a call. 

second, i texted with that forkin' icehold, norbert o'reilly, a couple days ago.  he won't be able to attend, he has some vacation and family obligations, but hopes to make it back soon.

suzanne, paul the wondernewf, and i will likely roll into boone tuesday afternoon.  we have a couple days free before, so i think we're going to do some primitive camping in the pisgah national forest.

see y'all in a week or less!
dean

rktmanfj

Quote from: Smola67 on May 03, 2016, 01:59:07 PM
I didn't get an email notification this year about my cabin so I guess I will start by seeing if anyone has an extra bunk available. So anyone have one? If not I may just bring my big tent like I did in the fall.

FWIW, my email just came today...

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

NYFJR13

If anyone has an empty bunk they would like to rent for Friday and Saturday night I am looking. I'll be arriving Friday night after I get out of work. Probably after 8pm arrival time. Please let me know. Thanks
Eric N

rktmanfj

FWIW, Susan is planning to fix a pot of chili and fixins for Thursday night. If you want to bring to go with, etc, have at it.  :good:

Randy T
Indy

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350