News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Old Harley Joke

Started by TexasDave, March 01, 2016, 10:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasDave

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur, "Since your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is that you can hang out in Heaven with anyone you want."

Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, "I want to hang out with God."

So St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room, and introduced him to God. God recognized Arthur and commented, "You're the guy that invented the Harley, right?"

Arthur said, "Yeah, that's me..."

God commented, "Why would you invent something that's unstable, makes noise and pollution, and can't go anywhere without a road?"

Arthur was embarrassed, but finally spoke. "I beg your pardon, Lord, but aren't you the inventor of woman?"

God said, "I am."

"Well," said Arthur, "Professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention:​

1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end protrusion
2. It chatters constantly at high speeds
3. Most of the rear ends are too soft and wobble too much
4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust
5. And the maintenance costs are outrageous!"

"Hmmmm, you have some good points there..." replied God. "It may be true that my invention is flawed, but according to my calculations, more men are riding my invention than yours!"​

A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Charlie-brm

That reminds me of the one where a Harley rider is enjoying the sun while riding the PCH and declares "God, it can't get any better than this!"

Upon which the voice of God offers to do one miracle for the rider. He only has to ask.

The dude asks for a private, uninterrupted highway from California to Hawaii so he can cruise endlessly between these two beautiful places at his leisure.

God suggests that it's a little much to expect and would be selfish, let alone a detriment to the safety of shipping, aquatic life, etc. etc. Could he not provide something more useful to the man's well being?

"Okay, I see what you mean God. How about instead, you teach me all the ways to understand the mysteries of a woman and keep her life fulfilled?"

Dude, do you want one or two lanes on that highway?
If someone wants to see any images I refer to in posts, first check my gallery here. If no bueno, send me a PM. More than glad to share.
Current Model: 1990 FJ1200 3CV since 2020
Past Models: 1984 FJ1100 - 2012 to 2020
1979 XS750SF - 2005 to 2012