News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Weird idle

Started by Shane4371, March 05, 2016, 05:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane4371

Hey,fellas,I got a issue I need help with,during city. Driving my bike idles fin,but get her on the freeway for a study ride at 55 to 65 mph for say 10 miles, it'll idle at 1500 rpm.I'll crack the throttle it resume 1000 rpm idle then creep up to 1500 And hold study,

Shane4371

Quote from: Shane4371 on March 05, 2016, 05:29:15 PM
Hey,fellas,I got a issue I need help with,during city. Driving my bike idles fin,but get her on the freeway for a study ride at 55 to 65 mph for say 10 miles, it'll idle at 1500 rpm.I'll crack the throttle it resume 1000 rpm idle then creep up to 1500 And hold study,
I started it last Sunday a week after it started acting up,now its actind as if it has a dead cylinder and when I crack the throttle it immediately dies.worried

fj1289

Sounds like a clogged fuel filter to me -- or something else causing fuel starvation.  Initially it started out messing up the idle, then worsened to where there's not enough fuel to let the engine rev

movenon

Quote from: fj1289 on March 06, 2016, 12:26:57 AM
Sounds like a clogged fuel filter to me -- or something else causing fuel starvation.  Initially it started out messing up the idle, then worsened to where there's not enough fuel to let the engine rev

Check for a pinched or improperly routed fuel line in your 86.  Petcock control ? Someone with an 86 can elaborate.
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

FJmonkey

Did you do any work on the bike before this problem?
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

theLeopard

might be your floats  :drinks:
1992 FJ1200

Quote from: George"It is What It Is Until It Ain't Anymore"