News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

1990 FJ Gas tank

Started by zoomjay, March 24, 2016, 03:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoomjay

I have a 1990 FJ1200 I just picked up for a project to tinker with a bit.  Sadly the old tank is more than a bit rusty and I need a replacement.  I see a few on ebay (1986 and a 1992 specifically) although both have slightly different part numbers from my 1990.  Will either fit?  They both look like they will although I am uncertain.  Any help and guidance is appreciated.

Thanks.

weymouth399

Yes tanks from 89-93 are the same in the U.S., only color change. What color 90 do you have?

Bob w
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

FJmonkey

I have a tank that might fit your '90, I bought it as an '86 tank but the details are clearly not '86. It also has been stripped of paint the interior coated with a silver colored lining. I can send pics if you are interested.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

zoomjay

I am not sure what color it WAS.... although now it is black, black and black with a few red accents (previous owner wanted it to be BAD I guess).  Frankly, I am not sure I care about color although the red, white and black on on ebay might look okay on it.

My primary goal is to get it running and decide what I do with it from there.

The tank I have now is partially black (some paint stripped off) and it looks like somebody did a real poor job of treating the rust inside the tank - so I figure it is not worth any further effort.  So, yes, I am willing to consider any reasonable tanks out there.

thanks.