News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

More Header Info?

Started by Genji, April 19, 2016, 11:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genji

I contacted RPM and had a great talk, THEY told me that Vance NO longer makes a header for the FJ! I guess that's why they never returned my call, 'the question has been answered' Logan's Run. RPM is a bit pricey for 'ol Bob & Vlad, I found 2x European manufacturers, I finally just found a used Vance on eBay for $319 FREE shipping and bought it? My best friend from kindergarten called Saturday and told me has cancer, shit! I better get MY act together before something happens to me! I WILL get Vlad back on the road as soon as possible, the header was just the biggest expense, and that has been taken care so far? I'm buying all of the other little things on eBay now also, Washington State is warming up REAL fast, I need my BUTT on a bike, REAL fast! Genji

FJ1100mjk

Not sure if you know this already or not, but you have to remove the V&H to access the engine oil drain plug to change oil. Or, you can remove (the left I believe) oil cooler connection boss on the engine to drain the oil too. Neither method is that hard though, and unless you're putting a ton of miles on the bike, doesn't have to be done that often anyways.

If you get the carbon (non stainless steel version) steel version of the V&H, do yourself a favor before you install it, and clean and re-spray the header assembly with a good brand of heat resistant paint. The headers tend to rust rather quickly, and in your neck of the woods, it may happen rather quickly too. Just a suggestion, from a past owner of a V&H system as described.
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

Genji

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on April 20, 2016, 07:54:10 AM
Not sure if you know this already or not, but you have to remove the V&H to access the engine oil drain plug to change oil. Or, you can remove (the left I believe) oil cooler connection boss on the engine to drain the oil too. Neither method is that hard though, and unless you're putting a ton of miles on the bike, doesn't have to be done that often anyways.

If you get the carbon (non stainless steel version) steel version of the V&H, do yourself a favor before you install it, and clean and re-spray the header assembly with a good brand of heat resistant paint. The headers tend to rust rather quickly, and in your neck of the woods, it may happen rather quickly too. Just a suggestion, from a past owner of a V&H system as described.

Thanx, I intend on having it ceramic coated red! I work at a machine shop making racing parts and ALL of the drivers here do it, they say it's pretty cheap too? Genji