News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Parts for our fjs

Started by Shane4371, May 03, 2016, 07:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane4371

Is it me or does anyone else feel guilty when you don't get your fj parts from RPM.js

FJmonkey

Quote from: Shane4371 on May 03, 2016, 07:20:12 PM
Is it me or does anyone else feel guilty when you don't get your fj parts from RPM.js
RPM is a business that specialize in the FJ/XJR parts. I never feel guilty when I give them the first crack at the parts I need and then find it more convenient otherwise. I also find that is not very often as they are quite near me, have really good prices. It also helps that I can get  parts I get when I visit for a ride with the Renegade riders. I tend to make a list of what I need and when it seems large enough, I place an order to combine my shipping cost. Thinking ahead will save you on shipping. Guilty? Never, use them when ever possible, yes.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

cclase

Recently I have had buyers remorse for not purchasing the products RPM carries!
1985 FJ1100

Pat Conlon

We fortunate to have Randy.

Years ago he said something to me the first time I met him. He said, "I want to be the #1 provider of FJ parts in the world". I replied, "Are you sure? They are old bikes, great bikes for sure, but old bikes. They get no press, no one in various cycle magazines writes about them. It seems as though only the current owners, and past owners, know anything about these bikes. It's almost like they don't exist, besides, it will take A LOT of money and time invested, to even have a chance to compete against the big parts companies....."

He said, "Watch me...."

Several years later, after thousands of hours of giving his time, answering questions, giving advice along with investing over a million dollars in parts inventory (scary) he is where he is today.
He is always looking for things we can do to improve our bikes. New products like fork valves, shocks, oil cooler, a trick header (when other manufacturers stopped making them) and more good stuff in the pipeline.

Who else does that for us? Who else buys up all the old Yamaha parts inventories because he thinks (foresee's) that down the road, we are going to need them? Try and find a new vacuum petcock.

Randy, that's who.. Yea, we are fortunate to have him.

So support him, like he supports us.
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

fjfool

the hell with the fj parts
with the service he(they) give; i dont give a shit what they are selling, i keep people like Randy in my back pocket
he is miles ahead of any other retailer
(really, where else do you get service like that?)  me: nowhere, seriously.
i wish he sold mortgages and health insurance too!

TexasDave

Order from some other vendor? Worry if it is the right part or crappy quality? No way to contact the vendor? I think I'll stick with RPM.  Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

DB Cooper

Hey All.
I live in Eastern Ontario, Canada. Our dollar sucks and shipping from RPM to me is steep - but I STILL buy from Randy. I have a Yamaha dealer only 10 minutes from my door and when I've asked about parts for my 88 3CV he looks at me like I've got 2 heads - and he's way expensive. He can go pound sand for all I care.  Randy has the experience, knowledge and the right parts - we are lucky to have him around. He gets my dollar when I need something.
Kevin 
I remember when sex was safe and skydiving was dangerous.

Shane4371

To me,Being a fj owner and needing parts,RPM has earned the right from.me to be my first place to go for my FJ parts. :good2:

aviationfred

I know that for me. When I NEED new parts for my FJ, RPM is the go to source.  :good2:

As others have mentioned. Most of us in the United States have a local Yamaha dealer within a reasonable distance. Going there to order a new part is typically a waste of fuel to get there and the time wasted to be told it will be a week to receive the part and then you have to drive there AGAIN to pick it up. With RPM, you place the order and usually in 2-3 days you have the part in your mail box.

Not to mention the other services that are invaluable from RPM.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

FeralRdr

Even if you don't own an FJ (or even a Yamaha), I would highly recommend that you give Randy a shout if you are looking for an aftermarket solution for your bike. Many times, Randy has let me know that he could have gotten certain items for me  (magnetic oil drain plugs, metal tire valve stems, oil filters, etc. to fit my Kawasaki Ninja 1000/Z1000sx), and each time I end up pulling a "DOH!!!!".   In each case, I never thought to check with Randy to see if he could get what I needed, as I have him in my mind as the "FJ Guru".  Though he would probably have to order the part in (unless it was the same fitment as the FJ), and then package and ship it to you, Randy does often have access to his suppliers current product availability, and can often give you a fairly accurate estimate as to when the item should be mailed out.  Also, Randy may be able to get you what you need at a very competitive price.

Picopower

I haven't spoke with randy, but Robert, his son I believe, spent ten minutes on the phone, educating me.
Special young man, to help me with a $30 dollar order. It's so nice to call and have people know exactly
what your talking about.
1985 FJ1100
1975 GL1000
1976 GL1000
1976 BMW2002

big r

Shout out to RPM. I received my parts today. Took 6 days from the time I ordered them. Best service ever :yahoo: :yahoo: Thanks again. Big R