News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Battery choices

Started by a.graham52, May 12, 2016, 08:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumby302ho

Quote from: giantkiller on May 14, 2016, 11:42:39 PM
700 Raptor, from what I have ever seen out of those Yamaha machines it suits the name Raptor to a "T".

My Raptor 700 has aftermarket intake, exhaust, cams, a power commander, shocks, and a steering stabilizer. And runs like a raped...well Raptor.

Be sure you don't have any parasitic electrical drains. And it'll be great.  I'd be willing to bet that is why some are having problems with the lithium batteries

So what do you think your raptor is running for Horsepower? I have a bigbore on my XRLHonda comes to 670cc, lots of torque but is pinging under full load, just put in bigger main jet and hope it solves the problem. Back to the Raptor and my guess on the HP, with your mods and me not knowing what they come with in stock form I am going to say just under 50 by a few. I dont think one can get silly with your Raptor when the boiler is turned on!

giantkiller

Stock they are just under 50. With the intake, tuner, and the Barker's that I have. They come up to 56hp. With cams and a few other small things that I have. Supposed to be 64-65.
I have not dyno'd mine just did what the guy's that have 25 or 30 dyno pulls have done. Including using the maps they developed. So should be close to the 65.
Insanely fun. Especially on the ice. With the 3/4" front and 1 1/8" rear Sno mobile studs in the tires
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

gumby302ho

Quote from: giantkiller on May 17, 2016, 10:38:30 PM
Stock they are just under 50. With the intake, tuner, and the Barker's that I have. They come up to 56hp. With cams and a few other small things that I have. Supposed to be 64-65.
I have not dyno'd mine just did what the guy's that have 25 or 30 dyno pulls have done. Including using the maps they developed. So should be close to the 65.
Insanely fun. Especially on the ice. With the 3/4" front and 1 1/8" rear Sno mobile studs in the tires

Gulp, wow that is some serious power, must be hard to keep the front down when it finds traction, my 2000 single 670 honda is a dog compared to your raptor, its a good thing I have the FJ to feel manly still!

giantkiller

It's so much fun. I can't stand it.  Gas it hard coming out of the corner, spinning the back tires as it wheelies up on the outside tire. One of the best things in life. But It got me last year. Had nothing to do with the machine or too much power... I thought it was just a little rise in the trail. But it was followed by a big down hill with a 90 degree corner at the bottom. Followed by a 34 mile ride back to the truck with one hand on a bent raptor. With 7 broken ribs and scapula and partially collapsed lung on my left side. 1 1/2 hour truck ride to the hospital, six hour ambulance ride to the trauma center. And 3 days in Froedtert hospital.  Can't wait to get it straightened out so I can get back out there. Oh yah with 8 more broken bones puts me at 37.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1