News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Good Times

Started by Yamahammer1200, June 05, 2016, 05:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamahammer1200

I had the time of my life at the WCR.  Great people, fantastic rides, and the best street tacos I have ever eaten, (thanks Diane!). 
Safe travels to everyone heading home, and to the lucky bastards heading to Ouray. :yahoo:
If you you hear reports of an orange headed alien flying across Nevada, believe it.
Chrome don't get you home.
1989 FJ1200

Mark Olson

back home with no incidents ....Another awesome rally.  :good2:
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

FJmonkey

I am home as well, what a hot ride. It got better when I stopped for fuel and put on my evaporative cooling vest. Much nicer after that. 8 hrs saddle time on the slab, 45 min. total stop time. Another awesome rally. 
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

racerrad8

Place seems kind of empty...

And kind of quiet...I doubt security will be over tonight telling us to use our "inside voice".

Just the Mrs, me and the cleaning crew.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

skymasteres

Cap'n Ron and I made it back to his place without incident.  The rally was amazing this year! I had a great time. Looking forward to next year.

simi_ed

Just rolled in, 0220, Monday. 2 ea blowouts on the trailer, 2 hrs waiting for tire #2, just off I5 @ Gorman.  Minimal damage when #2 failed, much less than a chain vs engine failure. 
All good now, finally horizontal.  A good time, minus the last 6 hours.

Ed & Sue!
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

yamaha fj rider

Home safe, no problems. Just a long drive. Had a great time. Looking forward to next year.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

Firehawk068

Quote from: simi_ed on June 06, 2016, 04:28:02 AM
Just rolled in, 0220, Monday. 2 ea blowouts on the trailer, 2 hrs waiting for tire #2, just off I5 @ Gorman.  Minimal damage when #2 failed, much less than a chain vs engine failure. 

Ed & Sue!

Glad you made it home safe Ed !
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Yamahammer1200

I am glad everyone made it home safe with minimal headaches.
It seems there were more trailer issues than FJ issues.
If anyone found a brand new rally T shirt down near the fire pit Sunday morning, I will happily pay postage to get it back.  :dash2:
It's grey, not periwinkle, size Large.
Chrome don't get you home.
1989 FJ1200

FJmonkey

Quote from: Yamahammer1200 on June 06, 2016, 03:20:19 PM
I am glad everyone made it home safe with minimal headaches.
It seems there were more trailer issues than FJ issues.
If anyone found a brand new rally T shirt down near the fire pit Sunday morning, I will happily pay postage to get it back.  :dash2:
It's grey, not periwinkle, size Large.
It was still there at 7AM, I am sure you will get it back.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

yamaha fj rider

Quote from: simi_ed on June 06, 2016, 04:28:02 AM

Ed & Sue!
That SUCKS!!!! Was it too HOT?

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

skymasteres

Hey,

Did anybody happen to pick up my flashlight Saturday night? It was clipped in the tree over the picnic table where the cobblers were being served. Over by the campfire.  When I went out get it to put it on the charger I found it was missing.  I hope that somebody picked it up trying to figure out who it belonged to. It's a Olight S30R II. If anyone has it I really appreciate it if they would PM me.

Thanks guys.

Capn Ron

What a great rally!!!  And that, of course...is due to the great people!  A few new faces, a few new roads...some of the same epic roads, lots of laughs and can't wait until next year!

Several of us are currently traveling to the Ouray rally and look who we ran into at a random gas stop in Delta, UT:
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

Pat Conlon

Yeppers, the best of times!
Andy, Paul, Jason and I are in Vernal UT for an overnight stay, on our way to Ouray.
Good weather (amazingly cool) beautiful roads and sights.
ETA to Ouray: tomorrow afternoon (Wednsday)  Bikes are running great.

Yep, no doubt.....These are the best of times
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

moparman70

Quote from: skymasteres on June 07, 2016, 02:10:37 AM
Hey,

Did anybody happen to pick up my flashlight Saturday night? It was clipped in the tree over the picnic table where the cobblers were being served. Over by the campfire.  When I went out get it to put it on the charger I found it was missing.  I hope that somebody picked it up trying to figure out who it belonged to. It's a Olight S30R II. If anyone has it I really appreciate it if they would PM me.

Thanks guys.

Marsh picked it up and gave it to me for safe keeping ---- as I also have Monkey Marks headband flashlight as well.   What would you like done with it.
PM sent
steve