News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Snoay

Started by CanDman, August 12, 2016, 03:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanDman

Almost there......after having picked up a playmate for "CanD"....... named "Snoay"...I decided to mod her to be less of a drag and more of a thrill....  :mocking:......since Snoay was set up for the strip.....I thought better if I gave her better shoes to dance with. Suspension and brakes.......almost all the parts are in.....just waiting for my machinist to get back from holidays so I can set her left ankle for a dance they call the twist........and just for added spring to her step.... something that will shock that daylights out of the corners.........

Ain't she Purty...... :cray:.........

B4

After

Coming soon to a Rally near YOU !!!   (popcorn)
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

FJ1100mjk

Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

CanDman

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on August 12, 2016, 05:24:14 PM
Sweet ride Kev!

Hey Thanks Mawty.......She'll be even sweeter once I put my loving touch on her. Been ridden by some rugged and tough suitors......but it won't be long before I have her singing ...... music we make together....

https://youtu.be/pnVOt2LK2Gg

Not matter how you slice it......put the 2 together and you have............  Sno CanD  :bye2:

I can't wait to take a pic of the 2 side by side........ :bomb:

Kev....

Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Pat Conlon

Very nice Kev!  Is that a 8987 triple click or the 8983 double clicker? Hard to see the adjustment nut on the reservoir.

What spring rate did you use? I have a 1200 lb spring on my 8987 and it's much too stiff for solo riding even on its lowest preload setting.
I think, I'm going to drop down to an 1100 lb spring....maybe even a 1,000lb spring.

Although the 1200 spring does feel good when the bike is loaded down with gear.

Are you going to do the swing arm swap when you install the Penske?

Cheers laddie!
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

CanDman

Quote from: Pat Conlon on August 12, 2016, 08:14:51 PM
Very nice Kev!  Is that a 8987 triple click or the 8983 double clicker? Hard to see the adjustment nut on the reservoir.

What spring rate did you use? I have a 1200 lb spring on my 8987 and it's much too stiff for solo riding even on its lowest preload setting.
I think, I'm going to drop down to an 1100 lb spring....maybe even a 1,000lb spring.

Although the 1200 spring does feel good when the bike is loaded down with gear.

Are you going to do the swing arm swap when you install the Penske?

Cheers laddie!

Hey my favourite place to sit and chat.....the Pat(io) ......my fine friend you are a beauty!! I opted for the double clicker.....I am a novice rider ........I have a 1200 lb on CanD and I love it !! perfect set up she has !!!!!! and I want Sno to have the same....The mod will be almost identical to CanD...... with only one exception......I opted for the Fazer (02 FZ1)swing arm whereas CanD has the 97 Thunderace rear swing......advantage.....do not need to machine away any material to make room for the new shock.....and if I am not mistaken I believe the FAZER  swing arm is a wee bit longer....an inch I think........anyway
the other parts I am swapping are
1. 02 FZ1 front forks
2. Blue dot R1 front and rear brakes
3. New Racingbot front and rear discs
4. 97 Thunderace speedo clutch
5. New Aussie dark tinted wind screen
6. Gaffer stainless steel brake lines
7. Brand new 8983 double adjustable Penske rear shock
8. A pair of passenger foot pegs
9. A brand new Richard Bell special cruise control lever
10. Brand new shiny red front and rear turn signals
11. A British made exhaust collector for a 4 in 2 pipe set up
12. Refurbished F1 Cobra slipon mufflers
13. HMF exhaust muffler end caps (red)
14. 02 FZ1 rear tire hugger
15. New OEM handgrips
16. Refurbished 02 FZ1 front fender
17. Lastly.....I am powder coating some of the parts (front fork sleeves(black)/F1 Cobra mufflers(black)/ all 4 Header pipes(black)/and possibly the frame (red)/ possibly the hand grip end caps(red)/ rear swing arm(red)
I hope that answers the question..... :mocking:
Kev      

Firehawk068

Kevin,
As far as I know, Powder-Coating will not hold up to exhaust heat.
Your best bet if you want to stay away from painting is a Ceramic coating service on the exhaust parts.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.  :good2:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

CanDman

Quote from: Firehawk068 on August 13, 2016, 12:43:44 PM
Kevin,
As far as I know, Powder-Coating will not hold up to exhaust heat.
Your best bet if you want to stay away from painting is a Ceramic coating service on the exhaust parts.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.  :good2:

Good call brother......as you can tell......I am no painter.......  :praising:
Kev