Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Picking up a motor less 86 1200

Started by a.graham52, June 11, 2016, 09:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

Quote from: a.graham52 on July 07, 2016, 07:23:10 PM
Couple questions:

IF the forks have rpm valves installed, will the dampener adjustment still have detents if turned? The bike rides harder then I care for. Has a smidgen of a bounce when sharp bumps are hit. I turned the adjustment down but didn't notice much of a difference.

Do the forks actually have RPM fork valves? If so, please email the name of the person you bought the bike from. With that information I will be able to determine what springs are installed. If the springs are too heavy for your weight it will not work properly and result in the symptoms you are experiencing.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

a.graham52

Quote from: racerrad8 on July 07, 2016, 08:59:32 PM
Quote from: a.graham52 on July 07, 2016, 07:23:10 PM
Couple questions:

IF the forks have rpm valves installed, will the dampener adjustment still have detents if turned? The bike rides harder then I care for. Has a smidgen of a bounce when sharp bumps are hit. I turned the adjustment down but didn't notice much of a difference.

Do the forks actually have RPM fork valves? If so, please email the name of the person you bought the bike from. With that information I will be able to determine what springs are installed. If the springs are too heavy for your weight it will not work properly and result in the symptoms you are experiencing.

Randy - RPM

I do not know if there are or not. I have not taken them apart as they are not leaking. I was hoping I may find away to know before I do take them apart

racerrad8

Unfortunately there is no way to know if the fork valves are installed without checking the internal components.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM