News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Embedding hyperlinks

Started by PaulG, June 23, 2016, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulG

Trying to figure out how some of you guys embed hyperlinks into a single word/phrase.  I can do it in other programs - like Open Office - but don't know which button to click here.   :scratch_one-s_head:
1992 FJ1200 ABS
YouTube Channel Paul G

racerrad8

Quote from: PaulG on June 23, 2016, 10:50:42 AM
Trying to figure out how some of you guys embed hyperlinks into a single word/phrase.  I can do it in other programs - like Open Office - but don't know which button to click here.   :scratch_one-s_head:

Paul,

Hit the "reply with quote" button and you will see the code to make it work. It is the "RPM" below.

I also made this RPM without all of the changes, like color, bold etc

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

rktmanfj

Quote from: racerrad8 on June 23, 2016, 10:56:52 AM

Paul,

Hit the "reply with quote" butting and you will see the code to make it work. It is the "RPM" below.

Randy - RPM

Even easier than using tinyurl...

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

red

Quote from: PaulG on June 23, 2016, 10:50:42 AMTrying to figure out how some of you guys embed hyperlinks into a single word/phrase.  I can do it in other programs - like Open Office - but don't know which button to click here.
PaulG,

Yeah, I didn't find the right button, either.   :dash1:   
Here is my manual workaround. 
When you type the word that will be your LINK, highlight the word and hit the button called "Insert Hyperlink." 
Ignore the CODE stuff below, and you get this:
I also made this [url]RPM[/url]
and in your message it will look like this:
I also made this RPM

Put an EQUALS sign after the first "url" and PASTE in the hyperlink address. 
Ignore the CODE stuff below, and you get this:

I also made this [url=http://www.rpmracingca.com]RPM[/url] without all of the changes, like color, bold etc
and in your message it will look like this:

Cheers,
Red
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

PaulG

Okay thanks guys.  :good:  Will make my novellas easier to read...  :boredom:
1992 FJ1200 ABS
YouTube Channel Paul G