News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

The Mid Summer Gathering

Started by aviationfred, July 08, 2016, 09:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Joe

Giant killer,
I'm sorry I didn't see that you were going to be here. Unfortunately, between the rain and work I didn't get out for a ride until Sunday afternoon. Push Mountain Rd is always a great ride, glad you got to ride it.
Joe
1993 FJ 1200

giantkiller

If you haven't ridden the Ozarks you are missing out. You should add it to your bucket list. The Hub motorcycle resort the place to stay. They are 100% about riding. Super accommodating.
Have ride maps and all the stuff in the office. It was supposed to be $70 for a single night. But since it was a week night Debbie said "ah just give me $60". Great people. Not just in it for the money. And besides then there's also Happy Dog to greet you. And she'll come and check up on you when you're sitting on the balcony of the Hub enjoying the view.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

Firehawk068

Very nice!
I'll get over there one day.
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

giantkiller

I rode Push Mountain on Monday. Perfect road to haul ass. It's all about the ride. So didn't take too many pictures. Until I turned around at the River to run back through.
WOW I love that road.
86 fj1350r
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
Custom chopper I built

giantkiller

Rode the Twisted Lady route on Tuesday. Another great ride. Took my time and took some pictures. Stopped at the Ozark Cafe in Jasper for breakfast. Stopped at the natural bridge/ stone arch by Deer. Clouds were kinda low and moving. So when I rode through Nail they were flowing across the road, was kinda neat.
86 fj1350r
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
Custom chopper I built

FJmonkey

Dan you SUCK!!!

Or I am just really jealous of your ride and awesome country you have access too. I have said it before and I will again, I need to ride East and get a taste of the roads you and others post up. I have been East, but on 4 wheels and on the slab, not the same. I feel it calling to me, like a siren's call that cannot be denied. I will endeavor to return the favor and post some equally good rides here in the West Coast. Venice Beach has an event this Sunday, not motorcycle related but local.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

giantkiller

Anyone heading east to the East Coast Rally's. Really owe it to them selves to make the slight detour and stop at the Hub. It should be on every riders bucket list.
86 fj1350r
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
Custom chopper I built

giantkiller

Push Mountain is a must ride road. I think I like it because it's all 35-20mph snakes. Some 40mph snakes. So 25-35mph over snake suggested speed is exciting but still leaves room for safety. And your not exceeding the speed limit excessively.

Had a cop in a new Camaro hit the brakes and think about coming after me. Had another spin around and follow me. And another pull out and follow me. On other roads all when I was a little past the 65 in 55zone. But I stayed riding the corners fast and slowing down on the straights. And the 2 that followed me turned off. I can't help but wonder if the collector plates might help with their decisions.
86 fj1350r
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
Custom chopper I built

FeralRdr

Great Picts!  :good2:

Thanks for sharing.  :hi:

FJ_Hooligan

Curious, which roads were you followed on?

I've seen very few LEOs on the back (fun) roads.  They are usually on the main roads.  And I usually see one on AR27 heading east out of Marshall towards Harriet on the way to Push Mtn.

I always stop in Deer for fuel, they have non-ethanol!  Jasper does too.
DavidR.

giantkiller

Quote from: FJ_Hooligan on September 09, 2016, 01:03:40 PM
Curious, which roads were you followed on?

I've seen very few LEOs on the back (fun) roads.  They are usually on the main roads.  And I usually see one on AR27 heading east out of Marshall towards Harriet on the way to Push Mtn.

I always stop in Deer for fuel, they have non-ethanol!  Jasper does too.
Both the cop in a Camaro, and the one that spun around were on 7. The one that was parked off to the side and pulled out to follow me was on one of the back roads. Don't remember where.
86 fj1350r
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
Custom chopper I built

Country Joe

I can understand seeing LEOs on Hwy. 7. The Newton county sheriff out of Jasper, Ar is very zealous about protecting and serving the speed limits on Hwy. 7. I've never contributed to the country coffers there, but I hear that they love busting out of state  ......... Otherwise, I barely see traffic on the fun roads, much less any LEOs.
Joe
1993 FJ 1200