News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Hello from Blighty! FJ1200 chop build

Started by Hath87, September 14, 2016, 06:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hath87

Yo, how the devil are we all, i trust were having a fantastic time.. figured id show you my project build you know, so i can contribute...
No i am not tech savvy per say, ive added images.. in no particular order as it all got a bit too much and i had to get me a coffee and a ciggarette
As you can see the Fj in its standard ish form, previous owner wnats to make a streetfighter out of it, so the front end was relatively butchered, come with no headlamp, clocks, front bikini fairing. i rode it for a little bit just checking the engine was "ok" and thank fully its a strong ole motor. so i started the tear down, and began chucking away what i didnt want, ( pointless listing these bits on ebay as they were in terrible condition, rusty and or bodged and broke, i generally only wanted the front and rear wheel, forks, and engine/gearbox. ordered my new frame which it is now all sat in.was a bit of a ballache, trying to get the engine in place to weld the new engine mounts in, but i did it unaided as i am flipping awesome! well anyway as you can now see wheels fornt forks and engine are now on, i have a set of handlebars on there way to me, im going to do a custom top yoke conversion myself, due to the fact is your out of luck if you think i am paying £135 for a plate that goes on top of the yoke which you screw down, absolutely useless! my options for this are make my own custom top yoke for handlebars, or someone tells me the XJR1200 top yoke fits the spindle and forks, with shims to take up the 2mm slack on the forks ? please ? someone? dont make me beg!?
i have also got a single sprung seat with gold springs, a rear fender/mud guard coming for me to chop up to how i want it. fuel tank is quite costly and i am a bit picky on what i want, ideally id like something like a mustank single cap 3.3 us gallon tank, but again they are quite pricey, which isnt a problem but currently funds are short as have another build going on which is the white Volkswagen corrado i think i added a picture. Coulour wise i am a fan of old steam punk real mechanical stuff, so im thinking some sort of brushed bronze features on a matt black frame and handlebars, switch wise as well i want to go for something simple but does the job, so im not having any big throttle assmeblys with modern switches on, i want flick switches . keeping it all period correcct, there will be no Leds or new electrickery, apart from maybe this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTIMA-PLUS-COMPLETE-WIRING-HARNESS-KIT-HARLEY-CHOPPER-CUSTOM-BOBBER-18-533-/381218374496?hash=item58c262c360:g:u6IAAOSwFL9Tsfs9

anyway.. hope your days going better than mine... currently sat in bmw dealership awaiting the m3 service to be complete i arrived at 9am... it is not expected to be ready untill 5 pm...

so thats why im filling time by posting this to the forum :)

Harald

Welcome to the forum. Looks like a cool project. Top picture looks like you went to upside down forks and different wheels? Also like those old Corrado's . Dont expect an overwhelming amount of replies with chopper or streetfighter builds tho on here, at least I am not getting too many,seems like most guys only like the stock bikes. I will be looking forward to more updates.

Harald

giantkiller

Had a carrodo G60 bought it cheap.. from a rich guy.(owned the local news paper) had all of the best(most expensive) stuff. Everything you could think of done to it. Big brakes newspeed suspension, allisio racing wheels, tower braces, clutch, shifter, linkage, roll cage, steering wheel, bigger aftermarket super charger. Crank, rods, pistons, cams, ported. Said it was about 450 hp. Got it for $6500. Insanely fast.... for about 800 miles. The new supercharger lost the seals and dumped oil into the engine locked It up tight. Started to skid, till I pushed the clutch in. That was a pucker moment. The supercharger was replaced under warranty. But the rest of the damage to the engine wasn't. Cut it loose to the owner of the shop. $2000 loss for 800 miles of insanity.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

jnimbostratus

Cool projects i look forward to seeing the fj come together. I dont know about chops and fighters notgetting a response. My turbo fj street fighter seemed to get alot of feedback both admiration and critique. Both of which i welcome equally. I can tell by the collection of projects you got going on that we would get along just fine.