News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Hello from DFW! - Recipient of Liver and bike needs a new home!

Started by ActionStarCBRxx, September 19, 2016, 08:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ActionStarCBRxx

Hello FJ Owners!
I have a 93 FJ that I have had for several years.  This FJ was my first bike.  I took the motorcycle training, passed the test, bought a set of Yamaha leathers and drove to Lubbock Texas to pick up the bike in 2002.  I toured some with this bike, my wife and I towed it up in Tennessee and rode the mountains there, and we towed the bike up to Colorado and road the mountains there. I think we rode the bike for a few years and quit riding together after my first son was born in 2004.  I took the bike apart to complete a few upgrades and never really rode it much after that.  I have the front rim upgrade from a... I upgraded the oil fans to a new larger set.  I will have to get screen shots of this.  I have more upgrades I have pieces purchased, but don't have them in front of me, so I need get more information on that.
My delima is that the bike has been sitting at a friends house covered. She is downgrading and selling the house.  I have to move the bike out this week which I have some friends set to do.
I am currently in the best liver transplant hospital ever (Dallas Methodist!).  I have had liver issues and finally liver cancer.  This last week, my 3rd set of points were applied (28) and I was called to get a new liver on Tuesday. The liver was put in on Wednesday 9/14.  I am in the hospital this week recovering from the transplant.
I think this is a good time to part with the FJ.  I am not going to part the bike out. I am not in a position to ship it.  I need someone that wants the bike to come asses the bike's condition.  I will send photos, and then make me a reasonable offer.  I have always used the FJ formems even back when they were a distribution list.  I am more concerned about the bike going to a good home where it will be appreciated.

TexasDave

A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.