News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Hello all,

Started by alex4478, March 11, 2010, 01:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex4478

I'm new (wouldn't be posting here if I was wasn't ... Duhh!!) I'll be honest I'm looking at getting an FJ1200 as a replacement for my broken 600 Diversion. I have a question though ... would anyone be prepared to point me in the right direction for questions about the FJ's use as a commuters bike?

simi_ed

OK. I'll bite.  What do you want to know about an FJ as a commuter bike?  It'll do fine.  Mine's kinda wide with the CBR mirrors.  Ride it enough to keep the pilot jets/circuits clear in the carbs (so you have good low end throttle response).  You can burn tires if you're so inclined, but some here seem to get good tire life.

OK, what's your question(s)?

Ed
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

FJSpringy

Quote from: alex4478 on March 11, 2010, 01:26:22 AM
the FJ's use as a commuters bike?

if you want a fast commute then yes get an FJ  :good2:
I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

92 FJ1200

Kopfjaeger

ride it every day, kick er in the guts she goes without fail comfy reliable cheap and fun. what more can u ask for. o and only a few know what hey are.... people look at you wierd...:D
:good2:

racerman_27410

FJ= long lasting engine and roll on power that makes commuting "almost" a pleasure.

sport touring, scratching in the twisties....the FJ can be made into whatever you really want. I true universal motorcycle.

get one and welcome to the group!

FJ also = KOokaloo!