News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2017 Central Rally - Head Count

Started by FJ1100mjk, January 14, 2017, 10:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantkiller

Well I made it home safe from the rally. Wow it was a deer gauntlet on the way home. It was like they knew it killed they're cousin and they were out to get me.
Was great to see all of the old friends.and meet some new ones. Some great roads and some great rides.
Here's some pics of the natural bridge I visited on my Solo ride Friday.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

aviationfred

I made it home safe from the rally. A great time was had catching up with old friends and meeting a few new friends and even a "Not a member yet" FJ owner. As usual, the Rally did not disappoint. Great people, awesome roads to ride, Cap'n Ron navigated two days of twisty roads that were superb.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

1tinindian

Myself and Alan made it back to my place in Iowa in the wee morning hours 3-6:30 am without issue, other than a heavy fog leaving Spring Green to Prairie du shein. Then late last night, Alan let me know he was home and safe.
Thanks to Marty for the great location and planning, also to Ron for being our guide and my personal "rabbit"!
It was a whorl wind rally, but it was so cool being in easy riding distance for me, that's right folks, no trailer this time for me!
Until next time!

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

rlucas

Got home Sunday around 2 PM. Great Rally, great roads, new friends. I was very impressed with the roads - good pavement, good curves - getting back to northern Illinois was a disappointment. As soon as you get south of Mt. Carroll it becomes an endless drone.

Although there's no surcharge to pee at a state park in Illinois.  :dash2:

Kudos to Marty for the planning. The accommodations were great and the food was good, everywhere we went. I came home with good memories, new friends, a time-travel token, and 5 pounds of artisanal cheese.

Ready to roll:

Dinner on Friday:

The FJ Lineup:

No restrooms, but they said we could pee outside. For free.

Solo ride on Saturday, to check out Dr. Evermore's Forevertron. This is what the time-travel token is for. It's a junk-sculpture garden behind a surplus shop. Steampunk before the term was invented, and very cool.

Gratiot, Wisconsin. Stopped for a smoke and picked up some pointy trash that fell off a pickup truck, right in the middle of an intersection. They were so impressed with my act of good citizenship that they named a bar after me.

We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)