News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

2017 Central Rally - 8/11-13/2017

Started by FJ1100mjk, October 24, 2016, 07:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ1100mjk

Dates for the 2017 Midwest/Central Rally are now: 08/11 - 08/13 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

Location for the 2017 Midwest/Central Rally: The Round Barn Lodge, E4830 US-14, Spring Green, WI 53588

The owners of The Round Barn Lodge are keeping a block of rooms at the lodge, for the dates above. I told them the group's name is FJowners, so let them know you're with this group.

Regarding rooms and rates, here's what I was sent by their Reservation Desk:

"We don't have exact pricing for 2017 yet but based on this year's rates, a room with 2 queen beds is $101.00 plus tax a night and a room with 1 king bed is $111.00 plus tax a night without any discounts for AAA, AARP or seniors."

IF you desire a cheaper room, they also own a no-tell motel type place across the street from the main lodge. I've stayed there when all the rooms were booked at the main lodge, and they were all that were left. The rooms reflect the cheaper rate, and they're a place to flop for the night. Ask about them, if you are interested. There's also the chance they don't own this motel anymore, because I didn't discuss it with them, and I stayed there three years or so ago.

Thanks for your support.  :good2:
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

FJ1100mjk

Throw your hat into the ring here ===> Attendance List -  Mouse Click Here

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on November 01, 2016, 09:12:41 PM
Dates for the 2017 Midwest/Central Rally are now: 08/11 - 08/13 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

Location for the 2017 Midwest/Central Rally: The Round Barn Lodge, E4830 US-14, Spring Green, WI 53588

The owners of The Round Barn Lodge are keeping a block of rooms at the lodge, for the dates above. I told them the group's name is FJowners, so let them know you're with this group.

Regarding rooms and rates, here's what I was sent by their Reservation Desk:

"We don't have exact pricing for 2017 yet but based on this year's rates, a room with 2 queen beds is $101.00 plus tax a night and a room with 1 king bed is $111.00 plus tax a night without any discounts for AAA, AARP or seniors."

IF you desire a cheaper room, they also own a no-tell motel type place across the street from the main lodge. I've stayed there when all the rooms were booked at the main lodge, and they were all that were left. The rooms reflect the cheaper rate, and they're a place to flop for the night. Ask about them, if you are interested. There's also the chance they don't own this motel anymore, because I didn't discuss it with them, and I stayed there three years or so ago.

Thanks for your support.  :good2:

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

Danzo1

Just got my first FJ but this sounds pretty cool. What goes on at this rallY??  Im already in Wisconsin on the Lake Michigan shoreline so not a huge ride for me. Im gonna say Yes that Im in.
"I refuse to tiptoe through life,only to arrive safely to death"

Urban_Legend

Quote from: Danzo1 on February 19, 2017, 07:24:12 PM
Just got my first FJ but this sounds pretty cool. What goes on at this rallY??  Im already in Wisconsin on the Lake Michigan shoreline so not a huge ride for me. Im gonna say Yes that Im in.
Firstly, what happen on rally stays on rally, unless it is really embarrassing, then it is shared shamelessly for the whole world to know.
Mainly it is about meeting up with friends, old and new, networking, getting ideas to spend your hard earned money on. Lots of story swapping over a beer or 10 and riding these wonderful bikes that we love so much.
Getting to one of the rallies in the US is very high on my "To Do" list. But going by the ones I have been to here in Australia, they are lots of fun.

Mark
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: Danzo1 on February 19, 2017, 07:24:12 PM
Just got my first FJ but this sounds pretty cool. What goes on at this rallY? Im gonna say Yes that Im in.

Dan:

Thanks for your interest in attending the 2017 Central Rally. It would be great to have you there.

There hasn't been "Central" rallies in Wisconsin before to my knowledge, although I put a small gathering of FJ owners together a few years back for a weekend. Therefore, this is in essence, the first official Central Rally for our neck of the woods.

I have access to some routes to ride, and I may post them, as the Rally approaches. I will ride a route or two, and I am looking into a TBD lunch stop, that would accommodate several riders. All attendees, are free to lead and/or ride their own groups and routes, and at their own paces too. There are racer types, and those who just want to putt around and enjoy the roads at their own pace, so riders are free to enjoy whatever riding experiences that they fancy. Kind of a hands-off approach the the Rally.

The location for the Rally, has decent accommodations for food and drink, and it would be great if all or some could gather and have a banquet of some sort on Saturday evening.  Feedback on this would be welcome. Unlike other rallies, it isn't centered at a campground, so there will be no campfire(s) to gather around. Hence, the idea of the banquet.

Mark is spot-on with his comments above about FJ Rallies, and his comments are appreciated.

Lastly, you do not specifically have to own an FJ to attend, if you have another riding buddy whom you like to ride with, they are welcome too.

Hope to see you (and many others ) there.

Marty

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

giantkiller

I generally like to follow... Keeps me out of trouble. But have taken the lead a couple of times. Like Push Mountain.. I just had to let her rip. But then I pull over and rejoin the group... Like I said keeps me out of trouble.  Even the guys that like to enjoy the scenery run a good pace. Not like some of the excruciatingly slow rides I've been on with Harley guys... Been on a few of those that aren't about the ride. Just about getting to the next bar.

Haven't met an FJ rider yet I didn't like.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

rlucas

I'm  follower, too. I'm also s-l-o-w.

That's never been an issue at a Rally, and I've been attending since 2004. You'll find other riders who ride at a similar pace - we tend to break up into smaller groups that are based on riding style and personal preference\interest. Historically, we'll start out in the morning, break into groups, meet somewhere during the day, and then hook back up at "camp" for BS and general cameraderie.

And I'll echo giantkiller's sentiment - I haven't met anyone in this group that I didn't like.
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

Neoday2

I'll be riding out from Minneapolis, anyone up for splitting a room?  I won't need one all to myself. 
1989 FJ1200

Capn Ron

Quote from: Neoday2 on February 21, 2017, 01:47:58 PM
I'll be riding out from Minneapolis, anyone up for splitting a room?  I won't need one all to myself. 

PM sent...
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

1tinindian

Any idea when the rides would be kicking off on Saturday morning?
I'm 3.5 hours away and would be heading out that morning to Wisconsin from Iowa.
Just trying to get an idea on a start time for myself!
I'd hate to show up, and everybody was gone!

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: 1tinindian on May 09, 2017, 09:49:14 AM
Any idea when the rides would be kicking off on Saturday morning?

Leon

No, it's too early for me. I will go and ride some preliminary routes in the area before the Rally, and come up with one or two for the weekend. The Rally is still three months away.

However, if you are so inclined...

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on February 20, 2017, 06:45:41 AM
All attendees, are free to lead and/or ride their own groups and routes, and at their own paces too. Kind of a hands-off approach to the Rally.

Marty

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

rlucas

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on May 11, 2017, 08:12:02 PM

No, it's too early for me. I will go and ride some preliminary routes in the area before the Rally, and come up with one or two for the weekend. The Rally is still three months away.

There are some good possibilities here: http://www.motorcycleroads.com/best/?c=125

and here: http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/665/Wisconsin/Wisconsins-Route-33---The-Little-Deals-Gap-of-the-Mid-west!.html#sthash.GEePvv7m.dpbs

and here: http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/wi_west.html

I'm planning on heading up Thursday afternoon, then playing it by ear when I get there. Maybe do the south side of the river Friday morning, depending on when people show up.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

FJ1100mjk

Thanks for the links to rides in the area. I looked them over, and they are both helpful and familiar. Good resources for others to review and use too.

There are many good roads in the area of the Central Rally. One in particular, is County Road P. It runs east/west out of Coon Valley to Rockton. If you zoom in on the map for Highway 33 ride in the link that you've provided, you can see it nearby. Of course Highway 33 as it goes through/over Wildcat Mountain is a must ride. However, there's law enforcement usually lurking just off the highway before you enter (usually just outside of Ontario), ready to pounce on speeders coming through. A bar in Rockton usually holds a big chicken dinner/BBQ on Sundays, that attracts many motorcyclists. Not sure if anyone would be up for this, because the Rally ends on Sunday though. It is a place to stop at for a bite, on other days though. Something to consider.

Quote from: rlucas on May 12, 2017, 07:23:32 AM
Quote from: FJ1100mjk on May 11, 2017, 08:12:02 PM

There are some good possibilities here: http://www.motorcycleroads.com/best/?c=125

and here: http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/665/Wisconsin/Wisconsins-Route-33---The-Little-Deals-Gap-of-the-Mid-west!.html#sthash.GEePvv7m.dpbs

and here: http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/wi_west.html

I'm planning on heading up Thursday afternoon, then playing it by ear when I get there. Maybe do the south side of the river Friday morning, depending on when people show up.

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

aviationfred

In the Spirit of the West Coast Rally and their dinner menu. For the Central Rally, Cheese Curds and Beer will do... :drinks:

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

rlucas

Quote from: aviationfred on May 15, 2017, 05:45:21 PM
In the Spirit of the West Coast Rally and their dinner menu. For the Central Rally, Cheese Curds and Beer will do...

Fred

There's a "supper club" across the road from the hotel that serves walleye, too!  :good2: