News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Pinch Me

Started by FJ1100mjk, November 05, 2016, 05:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ1100mjk

November 5th, Minnesota, a high temperature of 72F, and blue, cloudless skies? Unbelievable, but true!

Pulled a 349 mile ride out of these beautiful conditions, but in southwestern WI along the River and a little to its east.

Winter is coming.

Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

Neoday2

awesome!  I know, crazy day today.  I spent the day raking a 6' tall pile of leaves for me and the family to jump in. 

Every time I heard a motorcycle drive by, I had a little bit of  :wacko2:

Glad you got out and put some miles on the bike!
1989 FJ1200

FJ1100mjk

Thanks. Yard work, and some other, could think of a thousand different things that I'd rather be doing tasks, to attend to myself today.

Glad that I was able to get the ride in yesterday.

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

Firehawk068

I know what you mean.
Weather here in Colorado has been unseasonally warm this fall.
2 Saturdays ago I took advantage of the seemingly warm, clear day to get a ride in.
Unfortunately the unpredictability of the mountains met me with less than ideal conditions.
On the run up the pass to the Eisenhower Tunnel, I encountered snow, sleet, and messy road.
By the time I actually made it into the tunnel, I had so much road-spray on my visor that I could barely see.
I had to pull over just out the other side to clean my shield.
I chased rain the rest of the day, and at one point changed my route to avoid a wall of black clouds.
I still managed 350 miles on the new Shinkos (I wanted to get a good feel for them) and they performed well.
I had an awesome Bison-Burger at a Saloon in Kremmling, and after lunch was rewarded with clear skies the rest of the day.
I ended up taking Hwy-6 over Loveland pass , and through Clear Creek Canyon into Golden and had a great ride the rest of the way home.

Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Mike 86 in San Dimas

I hear it is different story today..in Colorado

Firehawk068

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on November 17, 2016, 09:01:25 PM

Yes it is!  :sarcastic:

Got about 2-3 inches around Denver yesterday. Roads were ice last night and this morning.
Much worse in the mountains.

http://www.9news.com/mb/news/travel/2-hospitalized-after-15-vehicle-pileup-on-i-70/353533704
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: Firehawk068 on November 18, 2016, 09:14:16 AM

Got about 2-3 inches around Denver yesterday. Roads were ice last night and this morning.

http://www.9news.com/mb/news/travel/2-hospitalized-after-15-vehicle-pileup-on-i-70/353533704

Yea, Old Man Winter, has made his arrival known. I was in the Salt Lake City area on Wednesday and Thursday for work. About five inches of the white stuff fell 30 miles south of there.

It made it to the Twin Cities yesterday. Glad I winterized all of my bikes last weekend.

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

FJmonkey

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on November 19, 2016, 06:36:03 AM
Quote from: Firehawk068 on November 18, 2016, 09:14:16 AM

Yea, Old Man Winter, has made his arrival known. I was in the Salt Lake City area on Wednesday and Thursday for work. About five inches of the white stuff fell 30 miles south of there.

It made it to the Twin Cities yesterday. Glad I winterized all of my bikes last weekend.

The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

giantkiller

Yep last ride to work 53deg. Toastie warm on way to work @5am Thursday. This morning passed 3 cars in the ditch on hyway 41. Due to ice and snow. Truck got sideways on the bridge. Straightened out as I came off the bridge. Was going about 40. Not accelerating at all. Thought I was going to join the emergency vehicles attending to the other 2 vehicles tangled up  the median.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1