News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Australian FJowners 2017 Rally

Started by roverfj1200, November 15, 2016, 01:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bozo

First major bike in my life was a Mach III widow maker.
My Second permanent bike 1978 Z1R (owned since Dec 1977)
My Third permanent bike is the 89 FJ12 - nice and fast
Forth bike 89 FJ12 my totally standard workhorse
81 GPZ1100 hybrid - what a bike, built to sell but I can't part with it

Bones

Great pics and entertaining write up as usual Noel. One thing you pointed out about carrying spares is no matter how prepared you think you are for the known causes, it's the little things than you never even think about that can and will catch you out. Lucky you had some tape to temporarily fix the valve stem, without it you could've been stranded for days or worse depending on where you were.

5000 km in six days??? I'm in awe of anyone who can ride those distances in that time frame because I couldn't do it. I've done 500 km day rides before where I'm glad to get off the bike and am holding my head in shame reading this because It would take me about 12 months to rack that amount up.

230,000 km, mines only done half that mileage but hopefully will look as good as yours when Ive travelled that far. Could take another 20 yrs thou.
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

Too young to be old but old enough to know better.

ribbert

Quote from: Bones on March 29, 2017, 07:09:32 AM

230,000 km, mines only done half that mileage but hopefully will look as good as yours when Ive travelled that far.

Tony and Ray, thanks for the comments, it was a great weekend. That post was bit misleading though, the bike has only done 165,000km, the engine has done 235,000km. It's my spare motor I fitted for "just a few weeks" while I replaced the base gasket on my good motor. That was about four years ago. I never bothered to swap the original motor back into the bike (or for that matter, even fix it)

I should do it one day, it's a low mileage 1219 with adjustable cams, light pistons and a head job and goes very well.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

gdfj12

Hey guys,

Any update on the 2019 rally?

George
gdfj12
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

racerrad8

Quote from: gdfj12 on June 07, 2018, 10:59:08 AM
Hey guys,

Any update on the 2019 rally?

George
gdfj12
Richard and The General are currently on holiday touring the Good Ol' USA

Here is a link to the prior information posted: http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=17741.0

I am sure there is more to come as it gets closer.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM