News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Show me your Corbin seats

Started by Formula51, November 22, 2016, 07:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulG

A tip I learned from an old friend: His dad ran his own custom marine upholstery business.  He suggested to me if I ever recover a seat - use marine vinyl.  It has superior UV resistance than "regular"  vinyl, and other properties that make it more durable.  And it comes in all those purty colours too.

Marine Vinyl
1992 FJ1200 ABS
YouTube Channel Paul G

yambutt

FJ_Hooligan

DavidR.

FJmonkey

Did you get the back rest for the Lady?
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Charlie-brm

That brand new Corbin looks like a million bucks. The way it tapers off at the back and the over all low profile really work with the appearance of the bike.
If someone wants to see any images I refer to in posts, first check my gallery here. If no bueno, send me a PM. More than glad to share.
Current Model: 1990 FJ1200 3CV since 2020
Past Models: 1984 FJ1100 - 2012 to 2020
1979 XS750SF - 2005 to 2012

Jeff0308

I purchased this Corbin off eBay a while ago. I also picked up the backrest as well. Aftermarket. I haven't had the seat redone yet as I have no idea what colour scheme to do it or do I leave it black all over?  Ideas please. I've been reading the articles. Interesting. Some photos of peoples choices are fantastic.  The piping on mine is red  ( original I Doubredly,)but I temporarily changed it to black. (Texta colour for now) . It works. I must admit. Even in its deshevelled state it has to be the most comfortable seats I've sat on. The material must be the original as it's hard as hell and minimal give its cracked all over the place but I love it. Oddly enough my wife thinks it's ok as well. It's one of the first jobs for the new year that's getting done.

ribbert

Quote from: Jeff0308 on December 22, 2016, 06:10:49 PM
I purchased this Corbin off eBay a while ago. I also picked up the backrest as well. Aftermarket. I haven't had the seat redone yet as I have no idea what colour scheme to do it or do I leave it black all over?  Ideas please. I've been reading the articles. Interesting. Some photos of peoples choices are fantastic.  The piping on mine is red  ( original I Doubredly,)but I temporarily changed it to black. (Texta colour for now) . It works. I must admit. Even in its deshevelled state it has to be the most comfortable seats I've sat on. The material must be the original as it's hard as hell and minimal give its cracked all over the place but I love it. Oddly enough my wife thinks it's ok as well. It's one of the first jobs for the new year that's getting done.

You have to live with it/look at it for a very long time and bling can become tiresome. I sometimes think folks try and make a feature of too many things and it starts looking too busy. An excess of cosmetic adornments could lead to this, it starts with contrasting piping and before you know it.......

Seriously, the only person that needs to like the look of the seat is you. Search the internet and find a look you like and do it.

Noel

I know it's entirely a matter of personal taste but I like all black with contrasting texture/pattern for some relief, subtle but classy. Do not use leather!
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

yambutt

I'm selling this one for $175 plus shipping if anyone's interested.....backrest included, like new with no tears