News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

SoCal ride this Sunday 11/27

Started by FJmonkey, November 22, 2016, 05:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJmonkey

San Dimas Mike is looking to get his carbs synced this week and then we are off for a some fun in the twisties. So just a bit of man shed time and riding. All are welcome. I have tools and can do most maintenance if required and time permits. Mount and balance tires and valve jobs need to start early due to time required. In the timeless words of our departed FJ friend Cash "Fuck it, lets ride"
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

fjbiker84

I'd like to join you but don't like the forecast.  Maybe if the rain holds off. 

FJmonkey

Cold and wet, maybe the ride will be limited. Still a man shed day if you have work you want to do. I can get a tarp for the work area.

fjbiker84

On top of all that as it gets later in the day the highways will be really crowded with return traffic from the Thanksgiving weekend.  Maybe we can coordinate one of these "man shed days" another weekend?  There are several things I'd like to service on my bike but don't have the tools or expertise.

FJmonkey

Quote from: fjbiker84 on November 23, 2016, 10:18:16 PM
On top of all that as it gets later in the day the highways will be really crowded with return traffic from the Thanksgiving weekend.  Maybe we can coordinate one of these "man shed days" another weekend?  There are several things I'd like to service on my bike but don't have the tools or expertise.
We can schedule wrench time for nearly any weekend and some weekdays. Send me a PM with a list of what needs/wants done on your FJ and we get er done.

fjbiker84

Cool!  I would appreciate any help and advice you're willing to give.  The two biggest service related things I think my bike needs is to have the forks removed and the steering head bearings re-packed and also the swing arm removed and those bearings serviced.  According to the service manual those things need to be done every 10,000 miles or something like that.  My bike has never had any of those things done since it left the factory 32+ years ago.  Would either of those projects be doable in a day?

FJmonkey

Quote from: fjbiker84 on November 25, 2016, 07:20:11 PM
Cool!  I would appreciate any help and advice you're willing to give.  The two biggest service related things I think my bike needs is to have the forks removed and the steering head bearings re-packed and also the swing arm removed and those bearings serviced.  According to the service manual those things need to be done every 10,000 miles or something like that.  My bike has never had any of those things done since it left the factory 32+ years ago.  Would either of those projects be doable in a day?
Check your PMs.

fjbiker84

I tried to replay but not sure I did it right...... let me know if it doesn't come thru.

FJmonkey