News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Giant Loop Coyote

Started by sooptime, January 14, 2017, 11:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooptime

Hi. I have a chance to buy a used Giant Loop Coyote Saddlebag.  Any members using these and are they a good fit?

Thanks.

ribbert

Quote from: sooptime on January 14, 2017, 11:31:14 PM
Hi. I have a chance to buy a used Giant Loop Coyote Saddlebag.  Any members using these and are they a good fit?

Thanks.

Funnily, if you google image search them it shows hundreds of photos of them fitted to bikes and every one of them is a dirt bike, except just one, and it's an FJ!! The owner of that bike commented it fitted well, attaching to the rear foot rest brackets and the grab handles.

More details:

http://giantloopmoto.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/giant-loop-rider-fly-and-ride-with.html

They seem to be aimed at bikes without much bike behind the rider.

Is this in addition to some other on bike storage or to be you only luggage?

I have several "roll" style dry bags and they certainly work but are a PIA if you need to get something out of them en route. Over the course of a day I often need to stow/access jacket liners, different gloves, neck warmer, rain visor, chamois, water proofs, sunglasses, clear glasses, beanie/sun hat, drinking water, camera etc.

Anyway, if you like the look of it and it's a good deal, go for it, at least you now know it will fit easily (make sure it doesn't scuff up the paint on the side covers)

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

sooptime

Thanks Noel. I spent some time checking youtube vids and their web site and think it will work perfectly for me. I plan on getting a small tent and roll that will strap to the top of it. I have needed bags for a while and have been watching for the right type and price. I like to buy used if I can. I bought my Joe Rocket Alterego 12.0 jacket from the guy with the GL bag. Didn't know he had these bags until last night. They look good and are easily pulled off the bike and stowed. Never heard of them until I saw it last night.

Brad