News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

stock down pipes

Started by CanDman, April 01, 2017, 06:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanDman

Looking for a set of used stock down pipes.......very good to excellent condition . Please PM me.
Cheers
CanDman
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

FJmonkey

What year Kev? '84/85 or '86+? I have two in decent shape and two with dents from an off road event.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

CanDman

Quote from: FJmonkey on April 01, 2017, 06:08:10 PM
What year Kev? '84/85 or '86+? I have two in decent shape and two with dents from an off road event.

it's for Snowy.....and I believe she is an 84.... :scratch_one-s_head: modded to look like an 88.....but I am sure the exhaust is an 84 set up......she has Traps on her but I am not a fan..... lol
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

FJmonkey

That was a trick question Kev, all years will fit. You don't want the early headers. They are double wall and when they fail they sound like your engine is going to grenade. The '86/87 are SST (not sure about 88+) and can be polished if desired. They look really awesome polished. The RPM system also looks really good polished, is super light, easy to install and remove, oil can be changed without removal, and sound really good.

CanDman

Quote from: FJmonkey on April 01, 2017, 06:21:25 PM
That was a trick question Kev, all years will fit. You don't want the early headers. They are double wall and when they fail they sound like your engine is going to grenade. The '86/87 are SST (not sure about 88+) and can be polished if desired. They look really awesome polished. The RPM system also looks really good polished, is super light, easy to install and remove, oil can be changed without removal, and sound really good.

....a trick of the tale...... :mocking: nice.......ya the 88 was only in Canada.......but the 86/87's sound good !! what do want for them ? I am a bit worried about the cost of shipping......any idea? Hey....BTW..... what's this I hear you're not going to make the SoCal rally in June? man I was looking forward to meeting up.... I thought we could have a little fun with Klav.... :rofl:
Kev   

FJmonkey

Lets see how your search works out for a full set and possibly closer with lower shipping cost. We can take this to PM if you need to buy them from multiple sources. As far as the WCR, I am out till I either show up or miss it. I really don't want to miss it, it is turning out to be an epic event and possibly the largest in North American FJ history. Like many others, this is a rare opportunity to meet many members in person. As far a Klavdy goes, that Infidel can open a can 'O fun anywhere he goes. Happy hunting Kev.

CanDman

Quote from: FJmonkey on April 01, 2017, 06:46:45 PM
Lets see how your search works out for a full set and possibly closer with lower shipping cost. We can take this to PM if you need to buy them from multiple sources. As far as the WCR, I am out till I either show up or miss it. I really don't want to miss it, it is turning out to be an epic event and possibly the largest in North American FJ history. Like many others, this is a rare opportunity to meet many members in person. As far a Klavdy goes, that Infidel can open a can 'O fun anywhere he goes. Happy hunting Kev.

But no one likes ribbing him more than you and me....such an easy target.....as am I....makes life interesting...... :drinks: Cheers Mark...I really hope you can make it.....an 8000 kms run for me.... nothing compared to Captain Ron but a major rip for this Canadian Sawyer  :bye:  
Kev

CanDman

found my pipes locally.......and picked them up today....than you for all the great help
Kev