News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

1Tx fuel tap

Started by mo123, April 06, 2017, 05:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo123

My '87 has a later fuel tank on it with a manual valve and it should have a vacuum operated one. I can't seem to find the right fuel tap for it and occasionally one of my floats sticks and it leaks fuel through the overflow while parked overnight..
Has anyone got a suggestion on solving it? Was thinking of extending the fuel line and adding a manual tap somewhere convenient.. Or does someone here have a spare one they'd be willing to sell and post to Ireland?

big r

RPM has new ones in stock. He has most everything else you will need as well. Big R

racerrad8

Mo,

The late model tanks use the fuel pump as the shut off of fuel to the carbs. There is no way to fit the vacuum operated petcock to that tank you have. You might try and source a vacuum operated petcock to place inline. Here is Pingle that I have seen before.

http://www.pingelonline.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=3CCC32F0434D41F0B6C89EC32D85EB11

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM