News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Carb service via RPM

Started by Dads_FJ, May 30, 2017, 11:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dads_FJ

I hope all my USA counterparts had a good memorial weekend!  

The significance of this post is that this was the first ride after purchasing a set of carburetors sight unseen (not from Randy) but having Randy @ RPM work his magic on them.  After a series of questions about where and how I ride etc... the carbs were returned to me.  This was back in January/February.  Fast forward to now where I finally had enough time to give to my 'ol FJ the attention it deserves.  I installed the carbs, advanced the the ignition per Randy's advice and hit the START button.  It's as everybody else's experience has been, set the idle and go.  The bike runs like new, probably better actually, and I can tell miles/gallon has improved (I went 180 miles before the low fuel light went on).

My only regret was not doing this sooner, money well spent if anybody is on the fence and/or is tired of Dicking around with their carbies.

John S.

'84 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'92 Yamaha TDM850
'80 BMW R100S/Sidecar
'81 Yamaha IT250(H)
'77 Yamaha IT175(D)
'39 BSA WM20

X-Ray

Nice  :good2:    Means that's one thing you won't have to worry about for a long time, just hop on the FJ and ride!
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ