News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Nicky Hayden Critically Injured

Started by FJ Flyer, May 19, 2017, 08:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ Flyer

I didn't see anything posted, but Nicky Hayden was critically injured yesterday riding a bicycle in Italy.  He's in intensive care and fighting for his life.  Very sad.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/hayden-battles-life/
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

Firehawk068

I saw that yesterday. Very sad.
Hopefully he will make a recovery.

Reminded me of what happened to Bob Wollek at Sebring some years back........... :cray:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

big r

Just saw on face book this morning. Sucks, just finished a race the day before and gets smacked riding a bicycle. Hope everything turns out well. Get better. Big R

racerrad8

Terrible news

Just like riding your motorcycle, you must ride with the mindset that everyone in a motor vehicle does not see you and will kill you.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/nicky-hayden-dies-from-injuries-sustained-in-bicycle-crash-052217

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Country Joe

1993 FJ 1200

aviationfred

I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

big r

FJ Flyer

Holy crap, I just saw the news.  So damn sad.  Taken much too soon.  God speed, Nick.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

great white

Twice as bright, half as long......

I'm sure they will have smooth payment and perfectly sorted hacks where you are going. All you'll have to do is swing a leg and enjoy the ride....Rest in peace Mr Hayden.

PaulG

I always enjoyed watching him race.  From his AMA days into motoGP then WSBK.  Even when the bike was less capable than him, he usually finished far better than it should have.

I was fortunate to see him race in Austin in 2013 on that dreadful Ducati finishing eighth.   A bike with a front end that wouldn't steer.  But he stuck with it and would never give up for the years he was there.  Petulance was an unknown characteristic to him.   Even Rossi stated that after his first four laps in testing he knew he made a big mistake moving to Ducati at that time.  I think anyone who was a teammate of his became a better person because of him.  He had humility to spare and hopefully it rubbed off on a lot of the people he encountered.

He lived the dream for a lot of us.

1992 FJ1200 ABS
YouTube Channel Paul G