News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Years with FJ - new to the forum

Started by Bezmozek, May 31, 2017, 01:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bezmozek

Hi there,
I have '85 FJ 1100 for approx 12yrs and I was absolutely happy with it till I found this forum while searching for some parts and info.
Reading this forum through, I became little bit nervous, so now, since I safety wired my fuel petcock, I can Introduce myself.
36yrs old, living in Prague, Czech Republic.
Riding motorbikes since I was 14, after few 250 & 350cc Jawa 2strokes, my first big bike was '84 Yamaha XJ600 51J.
After few years I was looking for upgrade and at that time, I reminded red/white FJ I saw in some magazine years ago, so I started to search for one in reasonable condition.
Spent lot of time/km to find one, but finally bought one.
My bike till 2001 was in Switzerland, there probably got lower Giuliari seat and KVT Sport footpegs.
But last owners did not cared about bike, I bought it with broken turn signals, wiring mess under seat, belly pan broken into pieces and instead of ignition key 6mm hex.
Bought ignition switch, turn signals, SS lines for front brake, made rear seat cover and some maintenance and hopefully more will come.
Old pictures of my bike http://superstepa.rajce.idnes.cz/FJ_1100/ and current ones in post.
Stepan

ยด85 FJ 1100

andyoutandabout

Welcome to the forum Stephan, it makes Fj ownership so much more involving. I got lucky and found this group within a week of buying, way back 12 years ago. Since then there's been rallies galore, great fellow owners met and countless expert help on all things Fj.
You have arrived
life without a bike is just life

Alf

Welcome to the community Stephan!

And you have done and excelent work with your 1100!

If you like to ride a few thousand kms, we have our annual FJ meeting in Madrid on July 9th  :nyam1:

Regards