News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

2017 WCR Trip Report & Photos

Started by racerrad8, May 30, 2017, 06:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on June 04, 2017, 09:22:58 PM
Tina, Rusty, Mike back home. Well almost. Thanks Randy, Chandra, Robert, Ryan, and spouses. We had a great time! Margarita time.

fjbiker84

1233 miles total for the WCR trip, used 35.5 gallons of premium, a few ounces of oil and lost 1 lb of air pressure in the rear tire.  Followed that mighty FJ1400 all of the way there and most of the way home and still have a clean driving record.... Thanks again to all!  One of those life experiences I'll never forget.

Mike Ramos

Quote from: andyoutandabout on June 04, 2017, 10:08:40 PM
Long live the WCR.
It was a whole new level of excellence
Mammoth props to Randy and family for making it all a reality.
This event should be considered FJ legend.
(Get it, like with, you know, the car thing and all)
Andy
Oh and those roads, and that food, and the trophies, and the raffle, and the weather, and all them there mad buggers who rode like the wind, and the.................

YES, what a gathering - much appreciation to the RPM family for the great food and fun; the time dedicated & the organizational skills involved...

Oh my, and the riding too - what a delight...!  The riding with Misters Z, F, O and Mr. B's buddy Mr.C...!

So I hear rumors there is good riding over in Colorado - maybe, but it will not surpass the 2017 WCR...!

So Mr. French, see you in a few days & I reckon we'll see where the best roads are...

Ride safe everyone.

Flynt

Quote from: racerrad8 on June 04, 2017, 10:14:32 PM
Once Frank slept it off (more on that later)...

So here's my side before the truth comes out...  or the "fake news" if you will.

Steve (aka that Canadian Prick) changed the game by naming me DRINKS BITCH...  we always assumed it was recognition for causing others to serve your dumb-ass...  like when Steve broke his chain last year and he needed some help.  But no, even a nice guy just trying to keep up without breaking his shit can get the duty.  So be it...  mine is a new path.

I went about the job with an enthusiastic intent to set a new bar...  I collected drink orders at dinner, I always accepted a request for a beer (at least until I only had one beer left...  more from Randy on that later I'd guess), and generally tried to drink everyone under the table to the best of my ability.  Much of the detail escaped me, but I remember having a real breakthrough conversation with Chandra, a couple of arm wrestling goes with Zari (yep, beer muscles), some moments where vertigo symptoms overtook me, and several trips to my cabin to retrieve beers...

Anyway, great times and an amazing follow-up to the RPM renegade rally.  Can we make Petaluma even better or do we wait for the next big anniversary?

Frank

PS - Ron - really sorry about missing you, but I blame Steve.  I thought I heard a knock at one point, but didn't get to the door quickly enough...  and then it was 1030 and you were long gone.  I'll meet up with you and we'll do some riding if you like.

PSS - Steve - Thanks for assigning me the duty.  Now Frenchie (Andy) has it for next year and it's not the badge of shame it was I hope...  a man needs a maid...
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Frank ...maybe the best drinks bitch ever! Your a good  sport. Good times.

Firehawk068

Awesome Rally with Great Friends, and Great Roads!

After the trek across Nevada yesterday, spent the night Solo camping in the High-Desert at a site that Cap'n Ron pointed me to...............

Made it home safely back to Denver around 7:45 this evening.

The only casualty of the Rally that I'm aware of, was Mario suffered a dislocated Hip and lost his right leg somewhere on either Icehouse or Wentworth Springs road...........
He took it in stride though, and still wears his Happy Face. He'll undergo surgery and be fitted with a suitable replacement Leg.

It was great to see everyone again, and meet some new faces.
These things just keep getting better and better!
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

pdxfj

Chris and I had a great ride home.  We hit Klamath falls about 4pm and decided to ride the rest of the way home instead of stopping in Bend for the night.  He made it to Hood River about 10:30 and I pulled into my driveway about 10:50.  Roughly 675 miles in about 14 hours, with stops is not bad.

I can say going north on the 135 out of Susanville to Susanville Rd. is a beautiful stretch of road.  Great scenery and no traffic.  I would take that route home again without even hesitating. 

Great rally and it seems everyone had a good time.  No performance awards which is always nice.

Hope to make it next year and I'll do better with the thermite.  Bad mix since I didn't really have a way to properly distribute the aluminum into the iron oxide.. 

1tinindian

Cory  and I made it back to his place at 8pm, Monday night to unload his bike, and I was back home about 30 minutes later.

Special thanks to Randy and the RPM gang for throwing a wiz-bang event.
The catered food was top-notch.
And the end of rally competitions were a lot of fun.

My dearest friends, D&D, Capt Ron, and Alan made our outings one to remember.
Ron's leadership in our routes and knowledge of the area were key in making our rides so spectacular.
Thanks to Alan for the SF trip on Wednesday. We have started a tradition I'd like to see continue!!

I have no idea how many miles I rode during the rally, but I put a grand total of 3742 miles on my truck getting there and back, all trouble free miles on top of that.

Take care my friends! Thanks for all the after hours laughs!!
Leon

"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

1tinindian

I finally had a chance to use my mounted spare at this years rally.

91 FJ1200

1tinindian

91 FJ1200

1tinindian

91 FJ1200

Mark Olson

Made it home safely ... 30 min ride.  :wacko1:

Great rally with great people .
special mention to the following.
Rpm Randy and family for setting up the campsite and the food and awards and the raffle and the .....
Frank aka Flint for being an awesome drinks bitch.
Steve for being a great socialite and as outspoken as ever.
Garth for letting me take his FZ 1 for a nice rip ,, WOW that was fun.
Mike (skymaster) for listening to reason and removing that silly helmet muppet and not crashing this rally. thank you.

special thanks to all the people who donated to the " save our children "charity org.
FJ owners are wonderful people.
an update on the event will be posted .
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Pat Conlon

Yes, a great rally....really the new "gold standard" thanks to Randy and his family.
He really put a hell of a lot of thought and effort into making this thing work.

Wait until you guys see the pictures of the trophies Randy, Robert, and Ryan fabricated.
They are works of art....all made out of FJ parts. Incredible.

Mark O and Craig Z, sorry it took so long for me to discover the Ice House Hwy. You guys have been talking about this jewel for about 8 years now....What a great ride with Randy and Robert leading the way.

Thanks guys for another great rally.
Hope to make it to the Fall Rally in Oakdale, if not, see you in Pet-the-Tuna.

Thanks again Randy! 

Pat.
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

Firehawk068

Quote from: 1tinindian on June 06, 2017, 12:55:11 PM

I have no idea how many miles I rode during the rally,

You pretty much rode the exact same ride routes that I did, aside from taking the short trip into Placerville for the ATM stop.
According to my GPS I rode 923 miles on the FJ while I was there for Rally Week. You and Cory probably have somewhere around 950?
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Zari

What can I say....like most posted here.  Great Rally, Great People and Great Rides!  It was good to hear many of the long haulers put a great deal of miles on these roads.  Capn Ron lead his group of adventurers through the Pines and more.  And they always bring home great pictures and stories of the day.

Excellent Rally organization by Randy and Family....RPM!  As usual, he put a lot of thought into this one. Great BBQ for our dinners were catered.  Kudo's to Robert and Ryan on the Trophy's ... impressive artful design and craftsmanship!  Maybe they should stay in the family some how?  Thanks for all your work and effort Randy!

Frank, it looks like I came in second place in the "beer muscle building" contest on Sat evening... a little spirited I might say, but worth it.  What a hoot.

Exhilarating rides with my specific group of misfits... Mike Ramos, Rick, MarkO, LA Mike, ... and Frank and Dianne (the secret ) -- and our long lost Andy showed up for the Saturday ride!!!!! who'd I leave out.  Glad to meet all the new comers---  Jeff Cox, Norm, Jeffrey, Tim....  who'd I leave out?

Hope everybody had as good a time as I did...let's see if we can make it to Father Pat's "Pet a Tuna" next year-