ECFR 2017 Sept 15-17th, Tellico Plains, TN

Started by ddlewis, June 20, 2017, 08:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ_Hooligan

I would say the same thing about the road through the Smokey Mountain National Park.

4 excruciating hours of 20 MPH RVs and tourists, and that was on a Tuesday.

NEVER again!

Wait, I just looked it up, 441 IS the road through the park.  STAY AWAY!!!
DavidR.

Yamahahammer1300

I would like to attend the rally in Tellico this Sept.  I had a great time at the WCR last year, but now live in So. Carolina.  Clue me in on accommodations, weather, etc.  Thanks.
Chrome don't get you home

TRoy

Quote from: Yamahahammer1300 on June 30, 2017, 10:23:51 PM
Clue me in on accommodations, weather, etc.  Thanks.

https://www.cmtrails.com/  is rally central. plenty of camping , and has some sleeping cabins,  with a central bathroom / showerhouse

if you want private bathroom and bathing stay here:  http://tellicologcabins.com/ its a few miles away from CMT , they have everything from basic cabins to 6BR houses.

usually pretty warm. i have never brought my cool weather riding gear to tellico and i have never needed it .

...and if you plan on goin up to the BlueRidgeParkway (you should) . bring a tinted shield for your helmet w/clear glasses. so you can pop open your tinted shield when you go thru tunnels . if you try to go thru the dark tunnels with your sunglasses on you might die.

Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

racerrad8

Are there any of the ECFR attendees that will require a 2017 rally shirt?

If you would like one, please add you name to the list of attendees with your shirt size.

FYI, I am running equally low on small, medium & large. I have plenty of XL, XXL and XXXL.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Yamahahammer1300

Chrome don't get you home

mojorisun

Is there a list of attendees?  I'll be attending, along with a friend.

I posted in the T-shirt thread for a XL short sleeve and XL long sleeve....

Also, did anyone book a large cabin and have room for 2 people, or is everyone booking smaller cabins on their own?

Thanks,
Mike.

gdfj12

So, I called the Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground & there is another group that has the 3rd weekend in September reserved, so there were no spots for me to reserve. :Facepalm:

Does anyone have any ideas on a location?

Kris & I are planning on coming down with our oldest, Alex, 3 bikes, my FJ, Kris' 390 Duke & the Ninja 250 and the 3 dogs.

George & Kris
GDFJ12
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

rvnmaniac

"GO RAVENS"

gdfj12

Kris Alex & I are booked for Cabin #4 from Wed. evening to Sun. morning. We're looking forward to more riding & stuff.

Is there a central area we might all gather at? What about a bonfire? We need somewhere to get together & bench race with the group! ;^)

George
gdfj12
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

ddlewis

Quote from: gdfj12 on August 03, 2017, 08:58:15 AM
Kris Alex & I are booked for Cabin #4 from Wed. evening to Sun. morning. We're looking forward to more riding & stuff.

Is there a central area we might all gather at? What about a bonfire? We need somewhere to get together & bench race with the group! ;^)

George
gdfj12

Party at Georges!

TRoy

Sheila & me gotta come home friday  :nea: so we'll be spending sun & mon nite in cherokee, then tues - thurs nite on rafter rd
Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

carey

TRoy

Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

carey

Quote..meet up at TelliCafe every day at 10:30?  sarcastic

I've never been a fan of Tellicafe because the service is slow.  This year, I've offered to cook breakfast for my crew.  Maybe we can meet at 10:00 :rofl:

mst3kguy

I bet we wouldn't have encountered that problem at Bryson City.

:biggrin:

Quote from: gdfj12 on August 01, 2017, 12:38:20 PM
So, I called the Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground & there is another group that has the 3rd weekend in September reserved, so there were no spots for me to reserve. :Facepalm:

Does anyone have any ideas on a location?

Kris & I are planning on coming down with our oldest, Alex, 3 bikes, my FJ, Kris' 390 Duke & the Ninja 250 and the 3 dogs.

George & Kris
GDFJ12
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt