News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

A Canadian Experience

Started by CanDman, January 24, 2018, 12:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanDman

This is an unusual post but one I most certainly feel led to extend. I was there a few years ago and fell absolutely in love with my cousins down under....it was truly a life changing experience for me and one I will never forget. I think about coming back all the time but I never seem to have time and money in both hands at the same time. It is always one or the other. Anyway, what I would like to do, is extend an invitation to any of my Aussie friends whom I met when I was there, to come to visit me here in Toronto. I live on a hundred acre farm right in the middle of everything so there is plenty of room and tons and tons of things to do, see and explore. I would love to host anyone of you interested in coming here to Canada and hangin with the CanDman. I am proud to say the The General, this spring, will be the first of, what I hope will be, many visits from my extended family down unda. I have the lodging and several modes of transportation, so all you have to worry about will be your air fare and spending money. Your Canadian adventure is just a PM away  :drinks: It would be an honor to be your host.
CanDman     
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Urban_Legend

I would love to take you up on your invitation, even though I haven't met you in person, I have heard stories of your exploits here in Oz. But alas it won't be until I too can get time and money at the same time.

A trip to the northern part of your continent is on my to do list.

Mark
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

X-Ray

Hello my 'bro! I'm counting on a nice bonus at the end of this year, so you never know. Its getting the whole family over that is the hard thing to work out. And if I travel over by myself it wouldn't feel right leaving them behind, especially coming to visit you and experience that wonderful part of the world you are lucky enough to call home.   Anyway, something will be worked out  :good2:
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

ribbert

Quote from: X-Ray on January 24, 2018, 06:02:11 AM
Hello my 'bro! I'm counting on a nice bonus at the end of this year, so you never know. Its getting the whole family over that is the hard thing to work out. And if I travel over by myself it wouldn't feel right leaving them behind, especially coming to visit you and experience that wonderful part of the world you are lucky enough to call home.   Anyway, something will be worked out  :good2:

Ray, you could always invest it in a hermetically sealed bike transporter and cut down on the detailing.  :biggrin:

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

CanDman

Quote from: X-Ray on January 24, 2018, 06:02:11 AM

I know you will make it happen Ray.....and I know it will be an incredible for adventure for you and the family. 2-4 weeks is what I would recommend....but that will be entirely your call. So many things I would love to show you......it will be awesome .... don't worry about bringing a bass.....I will locate one for you.....and I will give you a list of songs to learn......the other band mates will be here and ready to Play... :music:. I can't wait !! BONUS BONUS BONUS BONUS BONUS ...... See.......I'm already starting the chant...  :blum1:
Kev   
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Troyskie

1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

roverfj1200

Julie and myself will be in the states this year but it's a big space over there and time is limited as is money. We have decided to explore the south west area but next trip will be up your way Kev.

1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

CanDman

Quote from: roverfj1200 on January 28, 2018, 02:48:18 PM
Julie and myself will be in the states this year but it's a big space over there and time is limited as is money. We have decided to explore the south west area but next trip will be up your way Kev.

Hey Rich, I am hoping to get down that way when you are over here...... but it's almost impossible to get that kind of a window for that size of a journey during the busy season. If and when you do get another chance to venture back this way......you know my door will be wide open and I'll have a list of Blues and Country gigs to check out.......along with a few "Out for a Rip" places to ride. Cheers my bro
Kev