News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Product Update

Started by ribbert, June 25, 2017, 10:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribbert

Like many people, I bought (in fact pre-ordered) the Sena 20s based on its specs, the reputation of the previous model and the company's size and reputation.

I bought 3 of them, all of which were changed over without question after about a year because of a few bugs in the first batch. 2 out of the 3 have since developed an issue whereby they turn themselves off after a few seconds when using intercom mode (and with incoming phone calls, outgoing is OK). The 3rd unit has had very little use and is fine.

As these units age, it seems the problem is becoming more widespread and Sena has gone very quiet on the matter, perhaps realising that with enough use it could happen to all of them and they don't have a fix. I have skimmed through literally hundreds of complaints of the same issue on the net.

As they are well out of warranty, they have no obligation to replace or refund.

This a great shame because when working they are a fantastic device.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

FJmonkey

Good to know, lets see how Sena responds. I have had good experiences with them for trouble shooting, not much but good. I expect them to make good based on my experience.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Firehawk068

I've been using the Sena 20S for going-on 2 years now.
The only problem(s) that I have run into, is that it seems to be fairly complicated to get more than 1 other rider linked properly...........(maybe I'm just not figuring it out properly?)
And one of the microphones that came with the kit is dead somewhere in the wiring............It came with more than one for each headset, so I just switched it with one of the other ones and it has been working fine so far.
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

racerrad8

We use the SMH10 series and have the same problem while trying to sync multiple riders at once, it is definitely a real pain. Other than being a PITA to sync no problems from the 10. Could just be a problem with the 20s series only. On a positive note, it could be worse, they could be bursting into flames on the side of you helmet like the Samsung phone from last year.

Robert - RPM
Randy - RPM

aviationfred

I am new to the wireless intercom arena. I currently have a Sena SMH10 and a 10S. They pair to each other easily. I have not attempted to pair with a 3d.

As for warranty, The 10S is a very recent purchase from Cycle Gear. I am not sure what the Sena warranty is, but the Cycle Gear store where I purchased mine offers a 2 year unconditional warranty for $8.00.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor