News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

My FJ was stolen this morning

Started by aviationfred, June 28, 2017, 08:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJmonkey

Bugger!!! Hoping for a good outcome on this.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

TexasDave

Would rather some one stole my wife than one of my bikes. Wait a minute......that already happened. Hope he doesn't bring her back!

Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

camo

ken65

My heart goes out to you Fred.  It wasn't just a bike and it wasn't just stolen. It was bloody kidnapped .
Fingers crossed you get some type of outcome and fairly quick.   F  ing Barstards.

gumby302ho

F*%#. Shocking news, its one of those things that can never be replaced, all the hard work and passion put into that FJ by you Fred, I hope you will see it again, carma can be a bitch and I hope the scumbag or scumbags get payback.

aj52

Sorry to hear about this Fred,hope you find your FJ soon and in the same shape it should be.
Holding thumps for you

Hannes
Current:                              
1991 FJ 1200 ABS
1991 FJ 1200

BikeryJeff

Fred tell us this is a bad joke!!!
Any leads?? This really sucks!!!
Inside job?
Drug addicts in the neighborhood?
Local scumbags?
Bi Polar family members (witnessed this first hand in my family)
Attend any bike nights --talk to anyone about your bike?
Any coworkers disgruntled?
I will be on the lookout in NJ.

On another note I crashed my FJ commuting to work this week. Was pushed off a small one lane bridge by a garbage truck. Came in a little hot. Uuugh!!! Ended up with bruised ribs. The FJ came out with a few scratches.
I had 41k without incident. Had all my gear on knee pads fieldsheer armored jacket. Scorpion full faced helmet.
Definitely saved me from more injuries. 

johnod

Sorry to hear this, hope they find it soon.

Maybe I need to think about a garage alarm myself.

balky1

I am really sad about this, especially after reading your many posts about the love and care that bike received from you over the years. I hope it will end up well.

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

aviationfred

Thank you all for the support and condolences. There has been nothing new to report.  :ireful: :mad: :dash1:

A small detail that may help in a recovery is. The keyed gas cap. It had nearly a full tank of gas and if they are brave enough to ride it, once out of gas they have to attend to the fuel cap. I have already notified the local motorcycle shops of the theft and the possibility of someone ordering a new gas cap. Same thing goes for the Hepco & Becker saddle bags. They are locked to the frame.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

red

Fred,

Man, sorry to hear about your loss.  You need to notify the more distant bike shops, junkyards, and maybe pawnshops about the theft.  Watch on eBay, Craigslist, and have Google search for other For Sale ads for your FJ.  If any states near you allow the sale of non-titled vehicles, watch there also.

I know, timing is everything, but you can get DIY home alarm systems that will robo-dial a list of phone numbers, even the police, when triggered.  You may have to pay the police for any false alarms, so check on that, first.  Most "home security" services will do very little more, anyway.  You can have dozens of triggers (monitors) feeding into the system, such as door and window triggers, but the motion-detectors are the hot ticket, there.  One or two motion detectors in the corners can cover the entire room.  It's all wireless, so you only need to screw the triggers into place, and turn on the system.  Most DIY systems can be switched on and off with their dedicated cellphone app.  Amazon (among others) can sell you a DIY wireless home alarm system for a few hundred US$, and you can usually add a fair number of triggers to the base system.

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

Bill_Rockoff

Damn, I hate it for you, Fred. (Been there / done that, I had my first '89 stolen in '91.)

I hope you manage to recover it.
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

aviationfred

I have already chosen a replacement bike if the 1300 does not get recovered. :scratch_one-s_head:

It even comes with a trailer that will make it easier to attend the rally's.

Fred

I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

yamaha fj rider

Quote from: aviationfred on June 30, 2017, 05:53:03 PM
I have already chosen a replacement bike if the 1300 does not get recovered. :scratch_one-s_head:

It even comes with a trailer that will make it easier to attend the rally's.

Fred

But Fred, that is NOT a Golgwing. Why not buy what you have always wanted?

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

FJ_Hooligan

Well Fred, sorry for the loss but at least they didn't take your humor.

Every time I see a post from you in this thread I hold my breath and hope that's it's a recovery post.

I hate to ask this, but do you suspect that it's someone that you know?
DavidR.