Let me know asap if you live in Anchorage

Phone
0 (0%)
Kevin
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

GarysFJ

Hi folks:

This is not a scam.  Unfortunately our Alaska trip has come to an end.  My father dropped his 1989 Yamaha FJ1200 last night.  He broke his collar bone and a rib and can't drive the bike back to Canada.  We figure it will cost too much to ship and don't have anyone to drive it back.  

He is flying out tomorrow.  If anyone is interested in a free bike and a free new set of spare tires, let me know asap.  I am not shipping the bike, as is and where is.  You have to get it today or tomorrow morning before his flight home.  Otherwise, sadly it will be going to a junk yard.

The bike still runs, we drove it to the hotel in Anchorage.  Was a low speed crash has some right side damage.  80,000 kms.  Engine is strong, has a Corbin seat, wheel mod was done, has larger front and rear tires.  Spare set of tires brand new.  I am not parting it out.  Like I said, as is, where is.  Attached is a pic of the bike here in he hotel parking lot.

If you are serious, please call me asap.  My phone is 604-362-6900.  I'll be starting my ride on my bike back to Canada tomorrow.

Kevin

TexasDave

I would jump on this deal but don't have a PASSPORT! Be a good fly and ride.

Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Country Joe

Dave,
I'm pretty sure that you don't need a passport to fly to Anchorage, Alaska. But I'm sure you already knew that. I can't imagine that you could get a ticket bought for a flight there by tomorrow for less than a small fortune, if at all. Hope someone here knows someone in Anchorage.
1993 FJ 1200

FJmonkey

I have a brother with property and friends in Alaska, he might be able to store it.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Pat Conlon

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

FJmonkey

I talked to my brother, he is sending me some Alaska contact info. I also spoke with Kevin so he knows we are working on it. Kevin's dad flies out in the morning so the hand off will be quick if at all. 

FJmonkey

By the way Kevin, hell of a first post, I hope this works out well for you and your father. I only had a few rides with my father and I really cherish the memories. Stay in touch.

aviationfred

Quote from: Pat Conlon on August 20, 2017, 09:22:12 PM
Get on it Mark!

Mark,

I know that you have the spirit of adventure in you. Have your brother pick the bike up and hold it for you. Have him take alot of photos of every angle of the bike, specially the right side. I did notice the small right side crank case cover has a hole in it. Pull the trigger like I just did...... Fly, repair and ride..

I spent 12 hours doing repairs and preventative maintenance before riding 2460 miles that were 99% trouble free to get the new to me 1995 model.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

giantkiller

Yah Mark I would do that in an instant but I'm like Dave no passport.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

pdxfj

One thing to remember it's a Canada bike, so bringing it into the U.S. as an import might be a bit of trouble.

I have no idea what is necessary to import and title a Canadian bike in the states, but I'm sure some here do.  If it's too much of a pain, might be a good parts bike for someone in the states.. ??!!

GarysFJ

Thanks for trying guys.  The bike has gone to a snow mobile salvage yard.  It may eventually be sold and not scrapped which is good news.  We'll probably end with another FJ down the road.  It was our second 89 FJ, love that bike.

My father is on a plane back to NB and I am starting my journey back. 

Enjoy your FJs

Kevin