News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

1990 3cv battery box

Started by ELIMINATOR, August 29, 2017, 12:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELIMINATOR

I removed this to give me access to remove the shock absorber.

I pulled it from the bike with other part of the assembly attached, this is on the left hand side when sitting on the bike.

Once I had the shock off, I briefly looked at how it fitted and tried for a few minutes................looks obvious, but I couldn't get it back together, even after I had separated the two parts. :Facepalm:

I'm in the process of fitting the Nitron shock back on the bike, thought I'd preempt my inability to get this assembly back on the bike by asking beforehand.  :good2:
BMW 1150GS
Moto Guzzi California 3

CutterBill

Are you asking how to install the battery box? Drop into place, ensure the plastic pin on the bottom engages the rubber grommet, install the 2 small bolts (one on each side.) Done.

Is that what you're asking?
Bill
Never Slow Down, Never Grow Old.

Current Stable:                                                     
FJ1100                                              
FJ1200 (4)
1999 Yamaha WR400 (street-legal)
2015 Super Tenere
2002 Honda Goldwing

ELIMINATOR

Not the box as such. More where the "flap"  that bolts onto the side of the battery box locates. In hindsight, it should be obvious once I put the battery box back in, then the flap location should be clear.  :Facepalm:
BMW 1150GS
Moto Guzzi California 3

ELIMINATOR

BMW 1150GS
Moto Guzzi California 3