News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

All my fun is gone... Stolen FJ1200

Started by Mr. Grumpy, September 13, 2017, 03:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Grumpy

Stolen from my parkade in New Westminster B.C.
If you see it(good luck right!) send me a message.
Off to go wallow in self pity for now!

Curtis

FJmonkey

Bugger mate! I guess you don't have to change your moniker just yet.

"May have to change my login from Mr. Grumpy to Mr. Smiley."

Keep the faith, many FJ owners will watching...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

fj1289

X-Ray

Bastards. I despise these scum who simply think they can take someone else's property. Saudi Arabian punishment of lopping off a hand at the wrist would make it harder for them to do it again. If only....
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

aviationfred

That really sucks  :cray:

I know the feeling very well. My pride and joy FJ was stolen back in June. Hopefully your local police have a better attitude for finding your FJ than the local PD here.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

red

Quote from: X-Ray on September 14, 2017, 12:45:21 AMBastards. I despise these scum who simply think they can take someone else's property. Saudi Arabian punishment of lopping off a hand at the wrist would make it harder for them to do it again. If only....
Curtis,

Sorry to hear that, man, wish I could help.  I would watch the local want-ads for your bike being sold, or any parts from your bike.  If you see none, you might put up an ad seeking certain parts for your year and model, and see who offers anything.  Don't go alone, to meet with the seller.  Leave quietly and call the police, if you see your bike there.

X-ray,

Ancient Arabian proverb, translated loosely: Thieves steal because people will buy stolen goods (for the lower price).
Another:  What is stolen can never be sold for a loss. (So never pay any thief even half of what they want for an item, if you are one who will buy stolen stuff.)

One guy locally came into the gas station, offering to sell a radar detector for US$40.  Somebody asked the guy what car he was driving, and the guy had nothing to say.  I mean, who has a radar detector, but no car?  Nobody would buy it, not for any price.  To avoid getting caught by the cops with it, the thief just left it on the counter, and departed empty-handed.  The clerk set it on the rear shelf, knowing that the owner would spot it and claim it soon enough. 
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

Charlie-brm

Quote from: red on September 14, 2017, 10:56:59 AM
Quote from: X-Ray on September 14, 2017, 12:45:21 AMBastards. I despise these scum who simply think they can take someone else's property. Saudi Arabian punishment of lopping off a hand at the wrist would make it harder for them to do it again. If only....
Curtis,

Sorry to hear that, man, wish I could help.  I would watch the local want-ads for your bike being sold, or any parts from your bike.  If you see none, you might put up an ad seeking certain parts for your year and model, and see who offers anything.  Don't go alone, to meet with the seller.  Leave quietly and call the police, if you see your bike there.

X-ray,

Ancient Arabian proverb, translated loosely: Thieves steal because people will buy stolen goods (for the lower price).
Another:  What is stolen can never be sold for a loss. (So never pay any thief even half of what they want for an item, if you are one who will buy stolen stuff.)

One guy locally came into the gas station, offering to sell a radar detector for US$40.  Somebody asked the guy what car he was driving, and the guy had nothing to say.  I mean, who has a radar detector, but no car?  Nobody would buy it, not for any price.  To avoid getting caught by the cops with it, the thief just left it on the counter, and departed empty-handed.  The clerk set it on the rear shelf, knowing that the owner would spot it and claim it soon enough. 

Straying a little off the topic of stolen bikes, but years ago I had a job at a car stereo shop where on Mondays it was not unusual to have some gomers wander in to ask for a harness plug to be soldered on to the back of their radio. They hand over the radio and it has maybe up to 5 inches of each wire left attached, often much shorter, with the giveaway appearance of having been ripped out of a dashboard, ie. somebody else's dashboard. :)
I had no business and no evidence to accuse a stranger of being a thief but these were so obvious - steal it Saturday night, bring it on Monday with no wiring and audition as "sketchiest guy in the store". So what I would do is take the radio in the back to the bench, solder on any necessary plugs, charging cash for this which of course these guys want, no records. What I didn't charge for was opening the chassis and sprinkling in a pinch of tiny bare wire snippings over the circuit board - always lots of them on the bench. I tested that it still worked before closing it up. Just my little retribution, hoping that somewhere, someday, that radio was going to short out permanently.
If someone wants to see any images I refer to in posts, first check my gallery here. If no bueno, send me a PM. More than glad to share.
Current Model: 1990 FJ1200 3CV since 2020
Past Models: 1984 FJ1100 - 2012 to 2020
1979 XS750SF - 2005 to 2012

Mike m

I caught the thieves trying to take mine.i got a horrible scuff on my fairing from it

Bozo

Quote from: X-Ray on September 14, 2017, 12:45:21 AM
Bastards. I despise these scum who simply think they can take someone else's property. Saudi Arabian punishment of lopping off a hand at the wrist would make it harder for them to do it again. If only....

Sorry, XRay I promise to return that spanner I borrowed from you :empathy:
First major bike in my life was a Mach III widow maker.
My Second permanent bike 1978 Z1R (owned since Dec 1977)
My Third permanent bike is the 89 FJ12 - nice and fast
Forth bike 89 FJ12 my totally standard workhorse
81 GPZ1100 hybrid - what a bike, built to sell but I can't part with it

Troyskie

I wish them cancer & a good buggering in the local gaol!
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

Tapartacus

Sorry Grumpy didn't see this until now. Will keep my eyes peeled!

Andrew
92  FJ1200
89  FJ1200

Mr. Grumpy

:biggrin:
A big thanks and shoutout to:
Detective Phil Ens
Vancouver Police
Auto Crime Enforcement &
Bait Car Program

Phil said there were reports of a guy doing B&E and leaving on the grey ghost.
Looks like my bike has a nickname now!
Broken locks etc.
Back on the road come summer!!

balky1

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

FJmonkey

Great news! Looks like she needs some love now...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

fj1289