News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

2018 East Coast Fall Rally

Started by DR.GTS.DUCATI.FAZER Dave, September 13, 2017, 04:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ_Hooligan

So now the Fall Rally is going to be approx. 50 miles from where the Spring Rally is held? 

No Dragon, Cherohala, TN28 or North Georgia Mountains?

Does this location add in a bunch of new roads?
DavidR.

Motofun

Lots of roads in Va, none that I remember that are quite as technical as the dragon....but then I don't care much for the Dragon anyways.  More like Rt 28.
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

carey

Here's the latest on the Fall 2018 Rally.

Henry, Dean and Suzanne, Jack and Nancy, Nancy and Jeff, Dan Lewis and I will be staying at the Wytheville KOA. Henry and I will be arriving Tuesday, September 18th and departing on Monday September 24th.

The KOA still has a good selection of kabins, tent and RV sites available.

I have found some routes in the area that cover an area called "Claw of the Dragon".    I also have some other resources I plan to research to find some even more possible routes.

I look forward to seeing everyone.

racerrad8

Randy - RPM

carey

Randy,

The event has been added to the calendar.

mst3kguy

Quote from: FJ_Hooligan on December 29, 2017, 08:16:33 PM
So now the Fall Rally is going to be approx. 50 miles from where the Spring Rally is held? 

anyone who prefers to ride in tellico/deals gap that week is welcome to.  all carey and i and a few of us are saying is we will be at this location, on these dates, and all are welcome to join us.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

ddlewis

Quote from: mst3kguy on January 06, 2018, 04:15:32 PM
Quote from: FJ_Hooligan on December 29, 2017, 08:16:33 PM

anyone who prefers to ride in tellico/deals gap that week is welcome to.  all carey and i and a few of us are saying is we will be at this location, on these dates, and all are welcome to join us.

It's a coup!  Viva la ecfr revoluciĆ³n'

rlucas

CABIN RESERVED. I'm not gonna make the Spring Rally this year (truck transmission took a dump = too broke), but I've reserved a cabin for the fall - Tuesday through Monday. If anyone's interested in sharing space, let me know... :yahoo:

rossi

We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

ddlewis

Quote from: rlucas on January 17, 2018, 07:19:22 AM
CABIN RESERVED. I'm not gonna make the Spring Rally this year (truck transmission took a dump = too broke), but I've reserved a cabin for the fall - Tuesday through Monday. If anyone's interested in sharing space, let me know... :yahoo:

rossi

I'm your huckleberry!   :good2:

rlucas

Quote from: ddlewis on January 25, 2018, 09:58:14 PM

Cool! If we can get Mojo Mike involved, we can have a reunion - without the panic alarm and the 3 AM Underwear Dance. (I moved and I can't find that damned alarm, but if it ever turns up...someone may see it again...)

We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

Pat Conlon

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

zero26tb4u

Quote from: Pat Conlon on January 30, 2018, 08:40:55 PM
God that was funny.....

The sound, not so much. Watching Rock, or was it Danny, hitting the smoke alarm with the broom handle trying to make the sound stop, that was funny. 

ddlewis

zero26tb4u

Quote from: rlucas on January 26, 2018, 06:46:53 AM

Cool! If we can get Mojo Mike involved, we can have a reunion - without the panic alarm and the 3 AM Underwear Dance. (I moved and I can't find that damned alarm, but if it ever turns up...someone may see it again...)

That was actually my first rally. I was hooked from that point on  :Facepalm:

FJ Flyer

Quote from: zero26tb4u on July 25, 2018, 02:49:15 PM
Quote from: rlucas on January 26, 2018, 06:46:53 AM

That was actually my first rally. I was hooked from that point on  :Facepalm:

That was my only Fall Rally to date.  Klavdy added some flavor to that one.  Plan on being there this year with the new FJR ES.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.