News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2018 East Coast Fall Rally

Started by DR.GTS.DUCATI.FAZER Dave, September 13, 2017, 04:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlucas

Quote from: rlucas on January 26, 2018, 06:46:53 AM
Quote from: ddlewis on January 25, 2018, 09:58:14 PM
I'm your huckleberry!   :good2:
Cool! If we can get Mojo Mike involved, we can have a reunion - without the panic alarm and the 3 AM Underwear Dance. (I moved and I can't find that damned alarm, but if it ever turns up...someone may see it again...)

By the way...I found the alarm a couple of weeks ago, in a box of old odds and ends...and it still works.

BWAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAA!!!!   :diablo:
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

Pat Conlon

The Screaming Mimi returns.....be afraid....be very afraid :gamer:
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

TRoy

... it would behoove you to plan a stop in Burke's Garden . really cool gen store & restaurant . take cash . really cool place, google it - referred to as 'God's Thumbprint' ... ironically , it's also where rt 666 is . been there several times but never could get a pic of the route sign because the tourists kept stealing it
Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

FJ Flyer

Quote from: Pat Conlon on July 26, 2018, 12:27:29 PM
The Screaming Mimi returns.....be afraid....be very afraid :gamer:

I'll bring my baseball bat.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

zero26tb4u

So does anyone have an open bunk or want to split a cabin? MD is not making this rally so I just need a place to crash each night. Plan on arriving Tuesday leaving Sunday.

carey

I just got word that Jeff and Nancy won't be able to make the rally.  This means I have an extra cabin reserved.  Anybody need a cabin before I release the reservation.  (Dan B., you can ignore this.)

racerman_27410

Quote from: carey on August 11, 2018, 04:02:44 PM
I just got word that Jeff and Nancy won't be able to make the rally.  This means I have an extra cabin reserved.  Anybody need a cabin before I release the reservation.  (Dan B., you can ignore this.)

Hey Carey,   My friend Jim is interested in a cabin.. does this one have a bathroom?
Maybe he and Calvin would split one.

Frank

FJ Flyer

Carey, I'll jump on it.  Free up some room for Danny and Rock.  Thanks.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

carey

All cabins that I reserved have been spoken for.  Look forward to seeing everyone in September 18th'ish thru 23rd'ish

Steve C.

If Pat C's screaming mimi isn't enough to annoy folks, this should, I will see you all Friday afternoon
Steve C.
'17 KTM Super Duke GT
'16 Triumph Thruxton R
'14 Honda VFR800FD Interceptor
'08 Ducati HyperMotard
'08 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Track Only
'91 Yamaha FJ 1349
'79 Triumph 750 T140E
'72 Norton 750 Commando Combat
'72 Suzuki TM250J
(Yes, They All Run!!!!)

Bill_Rockoff

So, is *anybody* headed to the Tellico Plains area the 15th/16th? Or are we just abandoning that timeframe / area this year? I'd hate to skip it, or plan on it as a day trip or two, thinking nobody else is going there, only to miss a dozen or so of the usual suspects.

I'll probably ride up Saturday night and tent in Wytheville that weekend, but if I can get to *two* of these things, that's pretty compelling.
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

Motofun

Can't do the Tellico as I'm tracking it this coming week-end at Pitt race.  Then it's off to Wythville by Monday afternoon.  Looking forward to seeing all the folks, can't believe how fast this summer is going....
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

FJ_Hooligan

Remember to bring your rain gear.  :-(

Does anyone have an ARK?
DavidR.

rlucas

Quote from: FJ_Hooligan on September 13, 2018, 10:12:35 AM

Remember to bring your rain gear.  :-(

And maybe a snorkel...

I'll be leaving Illinois on Sunday morning, with overnight stops in Shelbyville, IN and Barboursville, WV, arriving in Wytheville some time Tuesday afternoon. The only question is what\how much rain gear to pack.  :crazy:

rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

mst3kguy

The first rule of fj rallies is NEVER talk about the weather beforehand.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt