News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2018 East Coast Fall Rally

Started by DR.GTS.DUCATI.FAZER Dave, September 13, 2017, 04:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ Flyer

I'll be pulling out o-dark-30 thursday morning.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

FJ_Hooligan

Quote from: mst3kguy on September 14, 2018, 08:50:38 AM
The first rule of fj rallies is NEVER talk about the weather beforehand.

It's okay, Dean, I'm not going.      :rofl:

DavidR.

TRoy

Sheila & me are riding down tuesday. Riding home friday. Her first rally adventure without the trailer.  :sarcastic: ...between a towering tankbag and a tailtrunk all I have room for is underwear & tequila  :drinks: kookaloo motherfuckers  :good2:
Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

FJmonkey

Quote from: TRoy on September 14, 2018, 06:40:05 PM
underwear & tequila

Having enough of the second will negate the need/want for the first... :wacko1:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

mst3kguy

I should be rolling into Wytheville sometime after 4p...
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

rlucas

I'm in Huntington, meeting up with Sir Troy and Lady Shiela around 10. Coming down Rt 10/16 (Back of the Dragon). Should be there around 6 or so.
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

Steve C.

Back home safe and sound from the Rallye.  It was great seeing everyone again after a few years away from attending the Spring/Fall events.  Hope to make it a longer stay for some days of riding and hangin' in Spring '19, might even bring the FJ out of retirement.
Steve C.
'17 KTM Super Duke GT
'16 Triumph Thruxton R
'14 Honda VFR800FD Interceptor
'08 Ducati HyperMotard
'08 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Track Only
'91 Yamaha FJ 1349
'79 Triumph 750 T140E
'72 Norton 750 Commando Combat
'72 Suzuki TM250J
(Yes, They All Run!!!!)

Motofun

Rally was terrific, great weather and fantastic roads.  4 straight days without rain was a minor miracle for this year.  Got home Sunday to grass that was about a foot tall, have to get the brush hog on the tractor to take care of it! 
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

FJ Flyer

Great to see everyone, again.  Hope to make it to a Rally again, sooner, rather than later.  Nice rides, great folks.  It was good to wring out the new bike, a bit.

I bugged out early, Sunday, not too long after Dan. Didn't get a chance to say good-bye.  Long wet, foggy, a little cool ride home.  But a wet, cold day on the bike is still better than a dry, warm day in the office.

Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

rlucas

Got home around 6 PM Monday. It was misty when I left Wytheville, cleared up around Marion, and then set in raining with a purpose. Stopped for the night in Lexington, KY and it rained all night. Still raining Monday morning, but back on the road...

TRAVEL TIP: Riding through the center of Louisville at 9 AM on a Monday morning, in a driving rain, is not fun.

It rained all the way to the Illinois\Indiana border, then it let up until I got to Mount Vernon, IL and turned north, so I took off the FroggToggs (which weren't doing much good, anyway) It started again in Effingham, so I geared back up and just left it on.

890 mile trip, 550+ on the last day. Sore, tired, and everything's wet. But...

Fantastic Rally, one of the best I've attended. Terrific roads, good food, great people. Even managed to keep up with the Fast Group on Friday and Saturday, literally rode harder and faster than I ever have (that one's for Dean). Hope to see everyone in Boone next Spring!

rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

TRoy

Quote from: rlucas on September 25, 2018, 08:12:43 AM
890 mile trip, 550+ on the last day.

you mean 1890 ? :) Sheila & Me done about 850 . really hate to gloat but we never got wet  :sarcastic: rolled out a couple hours after the hurricane remnants - started raining 10 mins after we got home. and rained for a week! great times  :good2:

it was cool to ride to the rally, but we sure did miss the vehicle for the evenings. and haulin shit. we coulda stayed at the campground if we had room to carry bedclothes etc...
Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

Millietant

Do you know something, the scale of the US sometimes makes laugh out loud.

Your Fall "East Coast Rally" seems to be nigh-on 300 west miles of the eastcoast.

300 miles west of our East Coast, is 150 miles west of our West Coast

:Facepalm:

Anyway, great to read that it went well and you all had a good time - I'm feeling more than a bit jealous right now !!

Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.