News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Joe Rocket Gear

Started by aviationfred, September 21, 2017, 11:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aviationfred

This is mostly in response to a new member asking about gear that was recently road tested with success.

Here are photos of a few models of Joe Rocket jackets and pants. Listed are Mesh and Textile versions and one Mesh/Leather hybrid. Most of the jackets are available in multiple colors. The pants, typically are all Black, Black/Grey or Silver.

model names are as follows in the order of the photos.

1. Phoenix 5.0 Great for hot weather and a cool vest underneath. This is the model Alan was wearing in his accident

2. Reactor 3.0 A Mesh/Leather hybrid. I personally wear an older version of this jacket and I love it.

3. Atomic This is all Textile, good for cooler weather

4. Revolution All Textile with a longer body. Will work well in cold weather

5. Phoenix Ion Mostly mesh, great for hot weather

6. Phoenix Ion pants mostly mesh, flows a lot of air

7. Atomic pants all textile, removable panel for venting

8. Alter Ego 2 All textile, removable panel for venting. I personally own a pair. They are a great 4 season pant.

Fred

I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

timleslie1957

Hey Fred,

Thank you for the informative response.  I really appreciate the time you took in doing that.  You and the other folks on this forum absolutely rock!  Best forum EVER ... seriously.  :good2:
Tim Leslie
"A bike and curvy roads ... priceless."

Firehawk068

Hi Tim
As far as your question in my post about the gear I was wearing.
The jacket was the Joe Rocket "Phoenix" mesh jacket. It is an older version (Phoenix 2.0 I believe)
I'm sure any of their current versions are just as good.

The pants that I was wearing are not from Joe Rocket. They are an older "Convertible" pant from Tour-Master. They are a mesh pant with removable panels for wind/water protection when it's cooler out.

The gloves I have are "First-Gear" full leather gloves with carbon-fiber knuckle protection.
Definitely get yourself some good gloves. Get ones with actual leather palms. Do not use ones with "Synthetic-suede" or "Clarino" palms. I have seen first hand examples of folks who went down wearing these types of gloves, and the road rips those to shreds!

Sounds like you already have the Helmet part figured out.  :drinks:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

ryanschoebel

I personally use a Joe rocket jacket, and I absolutely love it. I'm not sure the model, but it most closely resembles the Phoenix. I was actually given the jacket for free,by the previous owner of my FJ 1100, for free, so I can't complain!
1985 FJ1100-- Atlas (SOLD)
1984 FJ1100-- Storm