News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

PLEASE UPDATE THE USER INTERFACE OF THIS PAGE!!!

Started by Ryankhitt, November 16, 2017, 09:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryankhitt

I love the help but this page is from the 90's... :Facepalm:
Please get this thing up to speed... I understand I'm a newbie but good-fucking-Lord this thing is outdated... (Rant)... I feel like I'm on a singles chat room from 97'... Also, make is cell phone supported...

Pat Conlon

Correct Terminology is important when you rant. Otherwise, we can't understand you.

What "page" are you talking about?......or are you talking about this site?

This FJ Owners "site" works fine on my cell phone. What "user interface" are you talking about?

Please be specific. (Yes, we already know the forum search function sucks)
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

FJ_Hooligan

Welcome Dickhead!

I'm sure in your 8 posts you have mastered the structure and etiquette of the site.

Pretty sure it's user error
DavidR.

X-Ray

'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: Ryankhitt on November 16, 2017, 09:08:19 PM
I love the help but this page is from the 90's... :Facepalm:
Please get this thing up to speed... I understand I'm a newbie but good-fucking-Lord this thing is outdated... (Rant)... I feel like I'm on a singles chat room from 97'... Also, make is cell phone supported...

I have a newer android, and the website works well on it, but with one exception that has been ongoing with past androids that I owned too. When composing a personal message to someone that is longer than a couple/few sentences, the body of the message covers the submit message button, and makes the button inaccessible, so the message can't be sent. A little aggravating.

Yes, this webpage is getting long in the tooth, not unlike many of its members. I once made a suggestion to remove old stale Child Board links on the home page, some of which go back to circa 2005 (I mean really, 13 friggin years ago, come on!), so that the extra space could be better utilized, for perhaps something more comtemporary, or exciting. There was no, nada, feedback on the suggestion. So one can assume that the suggestion had fallen on deaf ears of the powers to be, that can change these kinds of things.

Other than the donate/subscribe button at the bottom, it boils down to "what do you expect for free?", or if you don't like it here, there's the door.
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

rlucas

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on November 17, 2017, 05:02:28 AM

Other than the donate/subscribe button at the bottom, it boils down to "what do you expect for free?", or if you don't like it here, there's the door.

Exactly.

No offense meant, but new members need to realize that this site has evolved considerably from the old Yahoo! Groups page. Marsh White built and hosted the site for a long time, and Randy was kind and generous enough to pick up the ball when Marsh relinquished it - it could have just gone away altogether. The site has always been user-supported and user-maintained. Suggestions for changes are certainly welcome, but interface changes take time, effort, and $$$$$$. Marsh was a web developer; Randy isn't. He has a business of his own to run, and he does a damned fine job...so if you've got helpful suggestions to make, or time and talent to donate, great.

But rants like this serve no one.

rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

copper

I have experienced the same topic box cover on my Android as fj1100mlk. To fix it I turn my phone 90* and the button is again visible. Maybe that will work for you

1tinindian

Quote from: rlucas on November 17, 2017, 07:40:20 AM
Quote from: FJ1100mjk on November 17, 2017, 05:02:28 AM

Exactly.

No offense meant, but new members need to realize that this site has evolved considerably from the old Yahoo! Groups page. Marsh White built and hosted the site for a long time, and Randy was kind and generous enough to pick up the ball when Marsh relinquished it - it could have just gone away altogether. The site has always been user-supported and user-maintained. Suggestions for changes are certainly welcome, but interface changes take time, effort, and $$$$$$. Marsh was a web developer; Randy isn't. He has a business of his own to run, and he does a damned fine job...so if you've got helpful suggestions to make, or time and talent to donate, great.

But rants like this serve no one.

rossi

Well said!
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: copper on November 17, 2017, 08:04:28 AM
I have experienced the same topic box cover on my Android as fj1100mlk. To fix it I turn my phone 90* and the button is again visible. Maybe that will work for you

Copper:

Not sure for me if this qualifies as a:

, or a:
:Facepalm:

I feel strongly about the latter.

Thanks for the tip!
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

Ryankhitt

Quote from: FJ_Hooliga :empathy3:n on November 16, 2017, 09:41:49 PM
Welcome Dickhead!

I'm sure in your 8 posts you have mastered the structure and etiquette of the site.

Pretty sure it's user error

Just because your bike is old Dosent mean you have to be. I may be a dick head... But you Sir. Are an outdated cunt. Any day name the street...

Ryankhitt

This site is amazing... Don't take my critique as an insult... But the way people get their information across... I know grad students that would help for free... And here is a healthy ' Fuck you ' to anyone that wants to think I can't hang... Pac man used a better interface... Oh yeah... I meant site... Sorry you cunt.

big r

Why do you have to get so vulgar. The people on this site are the best and they are just there to help one another out. No need for the nasty comments IMHO

ZOA NOM

Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

aj52

Quote from: big r on November 17, 2017, 11:18:16 AM
Why do you have to get so vulgar. The people on this site are the best and they are just there to help one another out. No need for the nasty comments IMHO

Can't one of the administrators remove this person from the site,as people like this are not needed?IMHO
Current:                              
1991 FJ 1200 ABS
1991 FJ 1200

rlucas

Quote from: aj52 on November 17, 2017, 12:16:47 PM

Can't one of the administrators remove this person from the site,as people like this are not needed?IMHO

Not so fast! We haven't had a really good shitstorm around here for a while... :ireful:

We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)