News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

PLEASE UPDATE THE USER INTERFACE OF THIS PAGE!!!

Started by Ryankhitt, November 16, 2017, 09:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copper

Facebook has plenty of FJ groups, maybe that is a better platform for you to understand.

PaulG

Quote from: Ryankhitt on November 17, 2017, 08:52:30 PM
I'm vulgar because I'm a biker and commercial fisherman and wildland firefighter... Go Fuck yourself. I'm just trying to update and push the "SITE" to improve... Bunch of boys being technical cuts...

Impressive. But it's still spelled C-U-N-T-S I believe.  If you wish to improve it I would suggest to volunteer your services to create a phone app to bring it up to your satisfaction, then improve it for the desktop version.

You would be a hero instead of a vulgar-biker-commercial fisherman-wildland firefighter. And please don't tell me to go fuck myself. I can't even touch my toes anymore.

Have A Nice Day  :hi:
1992 FJ1200 ABS
YouTube Channel Paul G

airheadPete

Listing all the qualities of a strong back and a weak mind...

We're not hot twats on a Saturday night barstool you know... We've already been there and done that, so you're braggadocio falls limp at our feet. Sorry.   :hi:

Feel free to pick up a dictionary, if you're familiar with one, that is.

'92 FJ1200.    '84 R100CS
'78 GS750E.   '81 R100RS
'76 R90/6       '89 R100GS
'65 R60/2

mst3kguy

this was all very underwhelming.

he could have at least brought up putting a car tire on back or something...
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

FJ_Hooligan

DavidR.

JPaganel

The forum runs on a forum package from a company called Simple Machines. The version it's on is actually from 2011.

The noob has a point - the forum should be updated. It's not just a matter of appearance and functionality, it's a matter of security. This version of SMF does kind of suck in other ways, starting with the absolutely non-functional search, but mainly, as time goes on, more hacks are made for this site. 

There is no need to do web development. There are tons of forum packages out there, starting from newer SMF versions to fancier stuff. Newer forum software is either more mobile-friendly, or supports Tapatalk.

The only way this is ever going to happen is if we either get a known and trusted member who is savvy enough to install a package and configure  it, or if Randy hires a consultant to do it. I highly doubt he has the time to do it himself. No amount of anybody's (especially some guy who just showed up ) sleeves getting rolled up is going to do anything - it requires access. The more practical advice would be to send Randy some money for that consultant.
1993 FJ1200 ABS

1984 FJ600, up on blocks

1986 FJ1200, flaming wreck, repaired and sold
1986 FJ1200, repaired, ridden, sold

I don't want a pickle
I just want to ride my motorcicle

FJmonkey

It may not be as simple as an upgrade to a newer version. If parts have been customized an upgrade may not support the custom bits. This is one of the hidden costs of running a site like this.  The issue has been raised, I am sure Randy will look at the options and make good decisions for this forum platform.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

CanDman

Quote from: Ryankhitt on November 17, 2017, 08:52:30 PM
Quote from: big r on November 17, 2017, 11:18:16 AM
Why do you have to get so vulgar. The people on this site are the best and they are just there to help one another out. No need for the nasty comments IMHO

Yeah? Trying to shut up a person with opinion? Holy Fuck this site needs help... Maybe RPM can endorse it? Kick me or not... I actually don't give a fuck... Because out of the 8 posts and questions I have... I've solved myself. I asked if I could fill my forms and I recieved into on changing seals...  I asked for confirmation... I'm vulgar because I'm a biker and commercial fisherman and wildland firefighter... Go Fuck yourself. I'm just trying to update and push the "SITE" to improve... Bunch of boys being technical cuts...

Wow......I hope you fight fires as well as you start them...is that why you became a firefighter ? Couldn't learn to bridle your tongue? Being a "Biker" is not an excuse for being Vulgar, it's an excuse to get out there meet other cool people and connect with other souls on the same road.....you are obviously having trouble with your ride and need help......but biting the potential hands willing to solve your issues is not getting off on the right foot. Leave your muddy boots at the door and make use of the powder room.....won't find a date smelling like squid......and yes "The Perfect Storm" was a cool movie.........only because it was a true story not because Sully dove in and saved Murph !! Ya the site may be old and the members content not to fix what isn't broke, unless it's an FJ.... but a finer site and better class of motorcycle enthusiasts you will never find !! Ride safe and for Gods sake.....ride nice !!  :drinks:
CanDman  

Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

ZOA NOM

Follow the link at the bottom of the page to learn more about the software that runs this forum. It is an open-source, FREE software package that is updated by people who do so in their free time. With that said, the version listed at the bottom is from 2006-2009, so maybe there is a newer version available.

https://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/

The content that I find most valuable here comes from the keystrokes of the members, not the buttons that I click. The search function is sufficient for my needs, and making the "Unread Topics" page my default makes it easy to see all changes immediately.

Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

racerrad8

Ryan,

Do you have a specific issue that I can possibly address about the user interface that you are having an issue with?
If so let me know so I can possibly address your issue. I am not sure why the need to start this topic by telling me the forum is out dated and I need to fix it.

That would be like walking into a new restaurant you have never been to; Telling the waitress she is fucking ugly, now bring me the best steak and I want it for free...

Yes, the system is getting long in the tooth, but Marsh being a web designer wrote some code to prevent attacks back when he created the forum. Marsh, and my current software consultant, advise if I perform an update to the current SMF version, there will be issues that might cause a lot of problems.

Someday, hopefully someday sooner rather than later, we will be on a updated or new platform. The biggest issues is extracting the data from the code written to prevent hacks.

I am well aware of the difficultly in using the search option, but there have been many, many posts about using google with an FJ owners addition in the search field to find what you need easier. Here is one I found using the our search function: Use GOOGLE to search a web site.

Ryan, let me know if I can be of assistance with the issues you are having.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

rlucas

Quote from: racerrad8 on November 21, 2017, 07:09:14 PM
Ryan,

Do you have a specific issue that I can possibly address about the user interface that you are having an issue with?
If so let me know so I can possibly address your issue. I am not sure why the need to start this topic by telling me the forum is out dated and I need to fix it...

<snip>

...Ryan, let me know if I can be of assistance with the issues you are having.

Randy - RPM

Now that's a classy response. Well done.

We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

airheadPete

Much better than most of us. (I'm looking in the mirror here...)

Well done Randy.
'92 FJ1200.    '84 R100CS
'78 GS750E.   '81 R100RS
'76 R90/6       '89 R100GS
'65 R60/2

Klavdy

Quote from: Pat Conlon on November 17, 2017, 04:23:31 PM
Yea....where the hell is Klavdy?

I'm here!
I have missed you, dear cunty, missed you dearly.
When are you coming to visit us?
"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

SkyFive

Got here just in time for a dad blame rake fight  (popcorn)