News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

RPM

Started by CanDman, November 30, 2017, 11:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanDman

I am sure this is the 1 millionth post but I don't care. Randy (RPM)..... I received your foam twin filter pods....one set for CanD and another set for Snowy...... I can't tell you how amazing they are.....perfect fit and lightning speed getting them here to Toronto. I am truly thankful for what you do for the group..... :drinks:
Kev
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Motofun

Just need to add my 2 cents.  I finally got a chance to ride my '89 with the RPM rear shock.  Took it on a spirited ride over 2 days, perhaps 600 miles.  All I can say is this shock has transformed the bike!  I had already put gold valves in the front forks and a 17" rear wheel but the stock shock was holding it back....not any longer!  Only thing to do now is fix the wooden front brakes.  Thanks!!!
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

red

Quote from: Motofun on August 11, 2018, 05:49:32 AMOnly thing to do now is fix the wooden front brakes.
Motfun,

Off topic somewhat:  If you do not have braided stainless steel brake lines, you might consider them, for part of your brake upgrade.  You may need nothing else (well, new brake pads, maybe).  I'd recommend eliminating that splitter between the brakes and the master cylinder, especially if you want to add a fork brace later.  You can run a new SS brake line from each caliper to the brake master cylinder, using a two-hose banjo bolt at the master cylinder.  Most decent hydraulic hose shops will have what you need locally for a custom fit, and they can probably do tinted brake hoses for you.  They make banjo bolts with brake bleeders installed now, so it can be much easier to bleed the front brake hoses.  (Shop around, some places try to charge 'way too much for the banjo bleeders.)

On topic: RPM has done well by me, for everything I ever got from them.  They are a great resource for the FJ.  They have everything I mentioned above, except maybe the banjo bleeders.

Happy hunting.    :yes:  
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.