News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Boone 2018

Started by Zwartie, December 08, 2017, 12:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zwartie

Just wondering if a Boone rally is being planned / scheduled for Spring 2018 and if so, are there dates yet?

Thanks,

Zwartie
Ben Zwart
London, ON
1992 FJ1200
1977 KZ200

FJ_Hooligan

Typically people start showing up the week before the third weekend in May
DavidR.

FJ Flyer

There is never the question of "if".....the only question is how big the fire will be.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

The General

Im planning to somehow attend this Rally.
It"s a bit of a distance from me so i need to lock in flights, bike, venue and beer purchases!
Do i book a room or just a bed?
No prob if there's only two of us as long as i can play with tha fire!  :drinks:

`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

mst3kguy

Spring east coast rally is always third weekend in May, although most of us show up on the Tuesday or so before.  It is at the boone, NC, koa.  Mention either the fj group or my name to get the discount and to get one of the cabins that they save for us.  I'm pretty sure if you just go to the site to reserve it will show no cabins available because she saves them all for us up until about a week before the rally, so call them.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

Motofun

It's time to start talking the spring rally up....Key issues are....
1.  Firewood...
2.  Firewood...
3.  Firewood...

And finally,  Is Calvin coming?   :smile:
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

mst3kguy

Quote from: The General on February 14, 2018, 08:44:30 PM
Im planning to somehow attend this Rally.
It"s a bit of a distance from me so i need to lock in flights, bike, venue and beer purchases!
Do i book a room or just a bed?
No prob if there's only two of us as long as i can play with tha fire!  :drinks:

General,

Call or email the koa and book a cabin, make sure to reference the fj owners group. It's their off season so they're not always there, but they will get back with you.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

The General

Thanks guys
Bed organised....now ta organise a bike.   :drinks:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

gearheadstu

Stu

NYFJR13

I will be at the rally Thursday night thru Sunday morning. I'm looking to share a Kabin with someone.

gearheadstu

Has anybody been able to get thru to the office yet for reservations?

Voicemail is full, not responding to email. I know they're in off-season mode til May, but was hoping to lock down a cabin early.
Stu

rvnmaniac

New Front tire mounted yesterday, Michelin Pilot Road 4. Rear tire only has 330 miles on it. So no tire worries this trip for a change. Changed Oil & Filter Rotella T6. Those were the main 2 things i needed to do. Less than a month away folks..... :yahoo:
"GO RAVENS"

FJ Flyer

I'm marking my calendar for Boone 2019.  Too much going on this year, and wasn't even sure I'd have a working bike to ride.  Got a trip to Montreal coming up, camping trip over the holiday, and a belt test. 

But, one small victory, I did get the '06 running again this weekend.  Need to do a few more things, then, hopefully, sell it.

Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

ddlewis

Out for Boone but I'm a lock for the Fall. 

Chris did you hear we're trying out a new spot for ECFR in Va this year - Wytheville.  Easy access, you could make a long weekend of it.

FJ Flyer

Danny, no I didn't hear that.  That would make it much more doable.  I'll have to pencil it on the calendar and warn the wife, now.  It is confirmed?
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.