News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Boone 2018

Started by Zwartie, December 08, 2017, 12:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlewis

Quote from: FJ Flyer on April 24, 2018, 11:02:09 AM
Danny, no I didn't hear that.  That would make it much more doable.  I'll have to pencil it on the calendar and warn the wife, now.  It is confirmed?

Yeah I think we're pretty well locked in..  make it happen!

read from here:
http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=17288.msg176207#msg176207

Motofun

I guess Nancy is nominated to organize the firewood again.  Need to know some info.  Probably just gonna call Mr. Eddie again.  Last year we got 2 bundles and it seemed to work out OK.  (Past years it was three and some was left over).  We should get in Tuesday late afternoon and I'm thinking to have it delivered then.  Should it come earlier than we get there will somebody be able to pay Mr. Eddie?   Could be around $300 including a tip, when we get there we can reimburse and manage the getting repaid effort.  Typically we ask for $20 per person or less depending on how many people are expected.  We'll figure that out when we get there.  Need to get this done PDQ....
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

CodyNKR

:Facepalm: MY plan is to come to Boone! However, someone (who shall remain nameless) really really needs to get off the bicycle and fix my dually or I will not be there. If that happens, momma ain't gonna be real happy.

Nancy G ain't seen my new to me lil fz. And Dean well he hasn't seen my new heeler. and Frank needs to spoil said new heeler with hot dogs.

NancyK

racerman_27410

Hey Nancy,

I'm looking forward to meeting "new" Blue..... :yahoo:   
Calvin is going to be there as well.
Definitely ready for some sweet riding, huge campfires and good friends!

carey

QuoteAnd Dean well he hasn't seen my new heeler. and Frank needs to spoil said new heeler with hot dogs.

Nancy,

My new dog I thought was 100% short bus retriever, but I had a DNA test as a Christmas present.  Luke is 1/8 Australian Heeler. Luke is not rally ready, but I hope he will be by next year.  Henry misses not having a dog along  :lol:

Bill_Rockoff

I will be there Friday night, taking the day off and riding up the fun way.

Andrew is driving in separately, but I don't know if he's going up Thursday or Friday (and I don't know if he's bringing Goose.) I think he is leaving early Saturday morning to go to a Saturday wedding in Wilson NC and then a Sunday wedding in Raleigh, so he'll trailer a bike (his FZ1 or my 998) on my 2-bike trailer and leave that in Boone when he leaves.

I plan on tenting Friday night, but I have a cabin Saturday night, because my wife is coming up Saturday with my car. I don't think she'll do any riding, but she will at least get to experience the campfire, and all of you. And I'll load up and trailer both bikes home with her Sunday.

My friend Bruce (old Moto Guzzi, came up with me last year for a night) is planning to ride up. He has a gal that may drive up separately because she thinks 3 hours on the Guzzi might be too long a ride (Dennisons, try not to laugh) but I don't know if he (or they) would be up for tenting, or if they'll stay in town, or what. For all I know, Saturday might be her and my wife sharing a cabin, and me and Bruce snoring outside in tents.

Either way, I'm happy this is all coming (somewhat) together. I was bummed to have missed last fall, although it was in service of a greater goal (passing the PE exam) so I know it will just lead to more chances to do more riding overall.

Can't wait.

Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

Motofun

Woo Hoo!  Boone is about to begin!   :good2:
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7

TRoy

Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

CodyNKR

Jeff has finished loading his bike. Guess we'll be heading out in the morning. Of course I'm coming with a broke bike...what else is new.

The General

Well I got a bike. Going to play with a few changes today, buy some apparel and head towards Boone tomorrow. In Orlando presently.
Not sure if I've got a bed so if anyone can put up with a non snorting very quiet Australian, let me know.
Will try and contact Koa later today.
Cheers
Doug
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

FJ Flyer

All you bastards don't have too much fun! 
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

Bill_Rockoff

Stu & I have been chatting about the weather, which looks to be somewhat less perfect that last weekend was. "Boone is monSoon?" "Boone is TSUNami?"

Andrew is headed up Thursday. He will use my 2-bike trailer to bring his FZ1 up, but he will leave the bike and trailer at KOA and depart Friday evening for a bachelor party and two weddings in Wilson and Raleigh. He will almost certainly be gone before I arrive. That's okay, we've already gotten a couple of Sunday rides this spring and we'll have more this summer.

Since he is driving up with his car, he is also bringing my tent and sleeping bag, which means I only have to carry a couple of changes of clothes with me. Since all my stuff will fit in a tank bag and a backpack, I can decide Friday morning whether I'm riding up on the FJ1200 or the 998. The 998 has crummy weather protection so it will depend on how much rain we're going to get. If this "90% chance of rain" thing means "clouding up and raining every afternoon" I'll probably take the Ducati. If it's all day every day, I'll take the FJ1200.

Doug, you're welcome to try either one, which ever I bring. The 998 is beautiful, loud, fast, and weighs nothing, and it feels like it should have a banner that says "Welcome Race Fans" in Italian flying over it wherever you go. The FJ1200 has 116,000 miles and it burns oil like a 2-stroke and is probably down some power, but it also has RaceTech front suspension, Penske shock, modern 17x5 wheel, Metzler radials, and blue-spot brakes; everyone who has ridden both is sure they could ride a twisty road faster on the FJ than on the Ducati.

My wife & stepson are driving up Saturday afternoon with my car. I've been trying to get them up there for like 15 years, and I'm thrilled it's finally gonna happen. Odds of me getting either one on the back of a motorcycle are pretty slim (maybe I can convince them each to come for a ride up 194 and back a few miles) but they'll be there for the campfire, which will be awesome.  

My friend Bruce is riding his Moto Guzzi up from Charlotte. His plan is to bring a gal, who will drive up separately because she's not sure she wants to ride 3 hours each way. They may tent, or they may stay in town. Andrew has agreed to let Bruce try the FZ1 if he's so inclined.

I'll load both my bike and Andrew's bike on the trailer and tow them home Sunday.

Can't WAIT!
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

gearheadstu

I'll be up there sometime tomorrow. Maybe late morning, maybe mid-afternoon.
Stu

The General

I too hope to be up there sometime tomorrow.
Only just getting away following some repairs. Thanks so much to Steve of Florida for all your help (and entertainment these past few days.
Now hoping not to get too lost and miss out on that camp fire.
:drinks:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

Motofun

Boone was fun, as usual...a little wet, but then it's Boone.  What did you expect?  We managed to still burn up all the wood Sunday night in spite of the weather.  Take that Mother Nature!
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7